Preston Farm Solar Park
Introducing Preston Farm Solar Park
BSR Energy is preparing to submit a planning application to Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council for a solar park on land at Preston Farm, Preston, Candover, Hampshire RG25 2DS.
The solar park would have an approximate design capacity of 28 MW and would produce enough clean, renewable electricity to power 7,002 homes per year, a saving of 6,202 tonnes of CO2.
What are the benefits of the Solar Park?
- It will assist Basingstoke and Deane Borough Council to reduce greenhouse gas emissions in line with local and national targets, in addition to supporting its strategy for its declared Climate Emergency.
- The proposed development will contribute towards the security of energy supply in Basingstoke and Deane through the provision of local, renewable energy supply.
- No public rights of way will closed during or after construction of the solar park.
- New hedgerow planting is proposed to contain and screen the solar arrays from its surroundings.
- Ecological enhancements including wildflower and wild bird seed grasslands, and a range of breeding boxes for bats and birds are being considered as part of the application. We anticipate that the solar park will have a significant positive net biodiversity impact.
- This is a temporary development (35 years), allowing the land to rest for the period of operation.
- The proposed solar farm will not require Government subsidy.
- British Solar Renewables UK is committed to using local suppliers during construction and operation where possible.
Where is the proposed Preston Farm Solar Park?
The project is situated on land at
Preston Farm, Preston, Candover,
Hampshire RG25 2DS. The
approximately 116 acres (47Ha)
site will be located in several fields which are currently used for arable farming. In addition to having solar panels on the site, the proposal also includes biodiversity and landscape enhancement measures, such as the gapping up of existing hedgerows to ensure there are minimal visual and environmental impacts.
- Land at Preston Farm, Preston Candover, Basingstoke, Hampshire, RG25 2DS
- Solar PV (Ground Mounted)
- 28MWp design capacity
- Land Size (approx.)
- c. 47Ha (116 acres)
- Scottish and Southern Electricity (SSE)
- Land Designation
- Agricultural, Grade 3b with isolated areas of 3a
- Planning consent duration
- Application is for 35 years
- Planning submission date
- Estimated September 2021
- Planning decision date
- Estimated February 2022