Title: Site Acquisition Manager
Reports to: Head of Development
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, life cover
Location: Subject to the home location of applicant. Shepton Mallet, Somerset, or Home
Reporting to the Head of Development, the Acquisitions Manager will be responsible for identifying and securing suitable land areas for Renewable & sustainable Energy development.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensuring that health and safety is at the forefront of all decision making.
- Line Management of the Site Development Analyst
- Maintain a continual review process with the Grid team to evaluate grid connection opportunities for development.
- Obtain Signed Letters of Authority (LOA) from landowners or their representatives.
- When required, negotiate an exclusivity agreement with landowners.
- Negotiate Heads of terms (HOTs) with landowners or their representatives.
- Appoint external Land agent services as required to finalise HOTs
- Liaise with the Property legal team to ensure HOTs meet or exceed the companies required legal requirements
- Liaise with the legal team to ensure exclusivity agreements meet or exceed the companies required legal requirements
- Liaise with the Head of asset management to ensure all developments are commercially viable
- Arrange and attend site visits to assess potential sites for development
- Ensure suitable communication is always maintained with landowners or their representatives
- Compile and present Gate 0 presentations for approval
- Ensure that the ArcGIS mapping system is maintained as fit for purpose
- Experience in the renewables sector preferred
- Experience in Land management preferred
- GIS systems, not essential
- Degree or equivalent qualification
- MS office proficient
- Driving licence
- Good people skills
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- Good Negotiating skills
Action Oriented – Enjoys working hard; is action oriented and full of energy for the things he/she sees as challenging; not fearful of acting with a minimum of planning; seizes more opportunities than others.
Political Savvy – Can manoeuvre through complex political situations effectively and quietly; is sensitive to how people and organisations function; anticipates where the land mines are and plans his/her approach accordingly; views corporate politics as a necessary part of organisational life and works to adjust to that reality; is a maze-bright person.
Problem Solving – Uses rigorous logic and methods to solve difficult problems with effective solutions; probes all fruitful sources for answers; can see hidden problems; is excellent at honest analysis; looks beyond the obvious and doesn’t stop at the first answer.
Perseverance – Pursues everything with energy, drive, and a need to finish; seldom gives up before finishing, especially in the face of resistance or setbacks.
To apply, please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com