Job Title: Senior Quantity Surveyor
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
The Senior Quantity Surveyor is responsible for overseeing the subcontractor tender process & managing the construction cost management within the BSR Group. The role will also build construction project budgets with the construction & development teams and produce timely reports highlighting any variances and risks to the project.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Managing the tender process for suppliers & subcontractors and liaising with the construction team to aid in final selections
- Building the project budgets and cost plans with Construction & Development teams
- Responsible for cost management of projects from start to finish
- Ensuring contract obligation have been met
- Processing & authorising payment claims from construction/supplier partners
- Issuing of payment certificates to sub-contractors
- Being primary contact for both upstream & downstream stakeholders
- Following up paperwork to ensure correct data is gathered and assisting the procurement and wider project team on any ad hoc duties as required
- The ability to provide commercial support combined with proven administration experience within a large project team with members from other areas of the business
- Building on relationships with 3rd parties
- Tracking spend & administering budgets across multiple projects to support cost-effective construction & ensuring spend is kept within budget throughout the construction phase
- Attending site to review subcontractor work-packages and variations
- Updating costs to ensure future budgets are based on current correct information
- Producing high quality accurate reports for the senior management
- Responsible for line management of more junior team members, supporting them to carry out their role to the best of their ability and providing their training and mentoring where required
- Experience as a qualified Quantity Surveyor would be an ideal background for this role, especially in commercial construction or renewable/electrical projects (or qualified by experience where appropriate).
- HND or degree qualification in quantity surveying or similar.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org