Job Title: Senior Operations and Maintenance Monitoring Analyst
Reports to: Head of O&M Account Management and Contract Performance
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
BSR are a leading provider of expert services in the O&M (Operations & Maintenance) marketplace with a reputation we are proud of. Our business is run in a responsible, transparent and ethical way where safety dominates everything we do - our mantra is ‘everyone safe always’.
The key objective of this position is to ensure maximum generation and availability of the Solar Plants and battery storage systems under BSR O&M control, and that any issues are identified as quickly as possible for investigation.
As the leader of the Monitoring Team, this role encompasses all requirements of the monitoring team such as monitoring the production of the BSR portfolio of plants, logging potential issues and investigation into potential root causes of issues and supporting the site-based teams remotely. This role has the responsibility for the line management of the monitoring team, and oversees the smooth running of the monitoring function that supports the O&M team 7 days a week.
- Monitoring the performance and availability of the whole O&M Portfolio via the monitoring platforms;
- Report and log faults promptly, methodically and accurately which includes swift support to O&M with diagnosing such faults and suggestive actions to resolve them;
- Management of the operational state of security systems;
- Point of contact for suppliers and contractors providing a service to the monitoring and security platforms.
- Reporting of the Solar Plants status to O&M daily;
- Producing summary reports of current and recent fault across the portfolio in a timely manner;
- Support the analysis of monthly and annual data for the O&M portfolio
- Sharing knowledge to the wider O&M team, site and office and to promote best practice;
- Contribution to the development of the O&M and BSR Quality Management Systems and Processes;
- Support the Performance, Communications and Design teams when required;
- Line managing monitoring team, included but not limited to;
- Planning of shift patterns through Rota management tools, including scheduling for bank holidays, weekends and annual leave to year round cover;
- Forward planning to ensure flexibility of the team to respond to changes in the business;
- Managing and participating in out of hours ‘On Call’ provision;
- Bright, numerate graduate with technical skills, for example Engineering (BEng) or Science (BSc) degree);
- Experience of large-scale solar PV plant design, operation and modelling, using relevant software programs (eg PVSyst, Microsoft Excel for data dataset manipulation);
- Problem solving skills and an aptitude for implementing new ideas;
- Leadership skills;
- Driving Licence;
- Ability to work in UK.
- 33 days or pro rata calculation holiday per year.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Wednesday 8th December, 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org