Job Title: Quantity Surveyor
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
The Quantity Surveyor is responsible for subcontractor tender process & construction cost management within the BSR Group. The role will also assist in the building of construction project budgets, producing variance reports on a timely basis and supporting other teams around the business including EPC & Development teams.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Identifying & managing the tender process for suppliers & subcontractors and liaising with the construction team to assist in final selections
- Lead the administration of project budget and cost plan
- Cost reporting on weekly project budget status to senior management
- Processing payment claims from construction/supplier partners
- Issuing of payment certificates to sub-contractors
- Following up paperwork to ensure correct data is gathered and assisting the procurement and wider project team on any ad hoc duties as required
- The ability to provide commercial support combined with proven administration experience within a large project team
- Building on relationships with 3rd parties
- Tracking spend, administering budgets across multiple projects to support cost-effective construction & ensuring spend is kept within budget throughout the construction phase
- Attending site to review subcontractor work-packages and variations
- Allocating costs accurately to assist in production of reports for the business
- Updating costs to ensure future budgets are based on current information
- HND or degree qualification in quantity surveying or similar.
- Some experience as a qualified Quantity Surveyor would be an ideal background for this role, especially in commercial construction or renewable/electrical projects.
- Alternatively, commercial project delivery management in construction or similar fields would offer relevant experience.
- Experience with ICP appointment desired, but not essential.
- Confident with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel & MS Project
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of the commercial construction environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Full UK driving licence
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com