British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting to the Head of Cost Management, the Quantity Surveyor is responsible for subcontractor tender process & construction cost management within the BSR Group. The role will also assist in the building of construction project budgets, producing variance reports on a timely basis and supporting other teams around the business including EPC & Development teams.
What we need from you:
- Identifying & managing the tender process for subcontractors and liaising with other members of the construction team to assist in final selections
- Lead the administration of project budget and cost plan
- Cost reporting on weekly project budget status to senior management
- Processing payment claims from construction/supplier partners
- Issuing of payment certificates to sub-contractors
- Following up paperwork to ensure correct data is gathered and assisting the procurement and wider project team on any ad hoc duties as required
- The ability to provide commercial support combined with proven administration experience within a large project team
- Building on relationships with 3rd parties
- Tracking spend, administering budgets across multiple projects to support cost-effective construction & ensuring spend is kept within budget throughout the construction phase
- Managing variations to keep unforeseen costs to a minimum
- Attending site to review subcontractor work-packages and variations
- Allocating costs accurately to assist in production of reports for the business
- Updating costs to ensure future budgets are based on current information
Experience you will have:
- Some experience as a qualified Quantity Surveyor would be an ideal background for this role, especially in commercial construction or renewable/electrical projects.
- Alternatively, commercial project delivery management in construction or similar fields would offer relevant experience.
- Experience with ICP appointment desired, but not essential.
- HND or degree qualification in quantity surveying or similar.
Skills you’ll have:
- Confident with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel & MS Project
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to work under pressure
- Understanding of the commercial construction environment
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Full UK driving licence
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Wednesday 16th August 2023
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.