Purchasing and Facilities Administrator
British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, builds and manages utility scale solar and storage projects across the UK and internationally with the goal of a net zero carbon future.
Top three highlights of joining us at BSR!
1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
2) We offer private healthcare through AXA and 24-hour advice on a variety of subjects through Lifeworks.
3) We encourage learning and development in the workplace, to help you in your career.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists and Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. Our closest cities are Bath (18 miles) and Bristol (20 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, the Purchasing & Facilities Administrator is to provide support to the procurement team on a daily basis and to further facilitate the smooth running of the BSR offices. This is a part time role working 25 hours across 5 days, e.g. 9am - 2pm Monday - Friday.
What we need from you:
- Receive and distribute office deliveries to the correct person/department ensuring received matches the requirement, advise the requestee of the delivery
- Upload delivery paperwork and update the status of the relevant orders on the request system
- Uploading of delivery paperwork from remote staff/locations and update the status of the relevant orders on the request system, uploading to the relevant Project Documents
- Uploading of New Supplier and supplier review documentation to the correct database
- Accommodation and Travel bookings
- Greeting of visitors/trades to the office
- Receiving main line calls
- Monitor Info mail box
- Arrange lunches for external visitors when required
- Ensuring the required level of office supplies are ordered and stocked (stationary, tea, coffee etc)
- Raise POs relating to office maintenance
- External mail to be taken to the Post Office
- Carry out weekly and monthly checks of the Head Office and arrange contractor when required
- Plan contractors for required annual maintenance
- Arrange contractors for reactive buildings maintenance
- Collation of group waste for end of year reports
- Other ad hoc duties.
Skills you have:
- Experience of Sage – not mandatory
- Ability to multitask
- Confident telephone manner
- Exemplary organisational and administrational skills
- Able to work alone and as part of a team
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
Closing date: 24th March at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application, please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. All hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.