British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of large-scale solar PV, energy and energy storage projects. Drawing on internal and external resources this position will involve the planning and implementation of an agreed list of functions and deliverables across the project life span from inception through to handover.
Working within agreed budgets and time frames, the Project Manager will be expected to maintain a disciplined tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools.
The role requires a high-level understanding of commercial, legal, technical and construction activities required to successfully deliver high value energy-based projects.
What we need from you:
- Ensuring that health and safety is at the forefront of all decision making – ‘Everyone Safe Always’.
- Drawing on internal and external resources the role will involve planning and implementation of an agreed list of functions and deliverables across the project life span from inception through to handover.
- Working within agreed budgets and time frames, the Project Manager will be expected to maintain a disciplined tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools.
- The role requires a high-level understanding of commercial, legal, technical and construction activities required to successfully deliver high value solar PV projects.
- Taking ownership to deliver the project from the very earliest stage of the project life cycle to the final handover.
- Updating budgets and monthly project costs, including preparation of appropriate Change Control paperwork for Senior Development Manager.
- Prepare and update tracker reports regularly and project risk assessments in conjunction with the Senior Development Manager.
- Conduct site visits and meetings with landowners and development consultants, updating site visit reports, where applicable.
- Carry out Heads of Terms, Option and Lease negotiations for their own projects, and those of their direct reports ensuring completion in a timely manner
Skills you’ll have:
- Experience in Construction/Developer Project Management preferably with a working knowledge in energy storage or the renewables sector.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A team player who listens, learns and actively communicates across all levels of the Group.
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
- A qualification in Project Management is required, i.e. APM or the willingness to work towards one.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Competitive salary
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free office parking
- Social events
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
Closing date for applications: Friday 27th October, 12pm
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On occasions where we receive a high number of applications, some vacancies may close earlier than the advertised closing date.