British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
The Procurement Department are responsible for all purchasing, hire and supply contracts across the BSR Group of companies. From central office requirements to multiple high value materials required for construction and maintenance in the UK and internationally.
The Procurement Manager is primarily responsible for supporting the companies within the BSR Group obtaining quotes, providing accurate delivery dates, placing order for both purchase and hire, updating systems with the correct information and feeding back to the relevant parties.
What we need from you:
Support the business departments: O & M, BSR EPC, BSR Energy, BSR EPC Pty along with the central departments by:
- Manage the requirements of construction projects to provide initial costs and lead times to the Commercial Manager, Project Accountant, and Contracts Manager for Site Set Up requirements: welfare cabins, water supply, H & S and Trakway
- Manage the process of site set up from placing orders to deliveries, liaising with the Construction Manager to advise of delivery dates
- Provide a weekly update to the Contracts Manager and Construction Manager of the following weeks deliveries
- Arrange with the Construction Manager for the build period the weekly requirements of fuel, waste and welfare requirements
- Arrange approved waste carriers for the removal of the main component packaging, where possible to be recycled to avoid landfill
- Provide up to date pricing when required to the Commercial Manager and Project Accountant for the purpose of pipeline cost planning for future projects
- Arrange site demobilisation in line with the Construction Managers requirements to ensure hired items are removed at the earliest opportunity to save costs
- Provide support to the Construction teams during build where necessary for unexpected requirements to ensure delays are kept to a minimum
- Attend project meetings when required to keep up to date with project build programme to plan own workload and manager expectations of wider EPC team
- Liaise with the accounts department to solve any discrepancies with invoices matching purchase orders
- Provide support to the design team to advise lead times of requirements, seek alternative when necessary
- Action PO Requests via SharePoint in line with the Procurement processes
- Obtaining where necessary up to date quotes, lead times, delivery information to ensure value, savings, quality and surety of supply
- Update the procurements systems to ensure up to date information is available to view
- Source when required new suppliers to meet the needs of the company
- Liaise with the legal team when required to complete contract purchase orders
- Ensure compliance with the Procurement procedures
- Work with H & S to set and maintain approved PPE Requirements Register
- Maintain and update an accurate record of suppliers approved for ESG inline with company standard
- Have an active involvement managing suppliers through our moderns slavery expectations with the use of external platform Ecovadis and internal approved documents
- Support BSR O & M with providing quotes, availability, lead times and advise of now obsolete components and alternatives available in the market
- Provide Support to the Head of Procurement
- Review and approve New Supplier Request Forms
- Review and approve PQQ submissions
- Assist in the completion of the BoM for the final documentation
- Assist in ensuring the Contracted Spares are present at the end of build
- Assist in managing the Procurement Assistant and Procurement Administrator
Skills you’ll have:
- Take initiative to ensure unplanned occurrences are resolved quickly and efficiently
- Takes an interest in the wider business and technologies
- Experience of Sage or similar purchasing system
- Ability to multitask
- Able to work under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Exemplary organisational and administrational skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan throughout the working day
- Team Player
- Management of other team members
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Monday 23rd October at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.