British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
The Procurement Department are responsible for all purchasing, hire and supply contracts across the BSR Group of companies. From central office requirements to multiple high value materials required for construction and maintenance in the UK and internationally.
Reporting into the Head of Procurement, the Procurement Assistant will have an overview of all responsibilities across the department, to provide support to the Head of Procurement, Procurement Manager and Procurement & Facilities Administrator to ensure the business departments: BSR O & M, BSR Energy, BSR EPC along with central departments receive the support and service required.
What we need from you:
- Action purchase order requests via the SharePoint System
- Obtaining where necessary up to date quotes, lead times and delivery information to ensure value, savings, quality, and surety of supply.
- Raise orders through Sage and issue orders to approved suppliers.
- Follow up delivery dates of back orders, feedback delivery information or changes to requestee when necessary.
- Source when required new suppliers to meet the needs of the company.
- Check suppliers hire reports against internal hire trackers and report any discrepancies.
- Liaise with the legal team when required to complete contract purchase orders.
- Liaise with accounts team to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Assist in the filing of project documentation to the correct location.
- Assist with logistics requirements, ensuring agreed incoterms are prepared for reflecting the requirement of the supply agreement and engagement with our preferred logistics partners arranged to ensure a smooth import process.
- Arrange and book domestic and European transport/collections.
- Review suppliers as per the procurement review process ensuring BSR Group standards are met, and documentation is recorded.
- Liaising with suppliers directly to obtain relevant information.
- Provide reports to assist with audits indicating the reviews completed.
- Assist with the ESG requirements of the procurement department and the business.
- Compile end of year reports reflecting KPI achievements
- Ensure supplier information is kept updated and recorded.
Additional Duties When Required:
- Recording of deliveries to complete the request process.
- Process New Supplier documentation and upload to the relevant system
- Process PQQ documentation and upload to the relevant system
- Obtain accommodation and travel costs as requested to continue the flow to approval to allow booking.
- Receive & distribute office deliveries to the correct person/department ensuring deliveries match the requirement and advise the requestee.
- Other ad hoc duties to meet the requirements of the department
Skills you’ll have:
- Experience using Sage would be beneficial but not essential, full training will be given.
- Ability to multitask.
- Exemplary organisational and administrative skills
- Proficient in Excel, Word and PowerPoint.
- Ability to prioritise and plan throughout the working day.
- Previous experience in procurement, logistics or compliance would be an advantage.
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Friday 8th September at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.