Job Title: Purchasing Administrator
Reports to: Head of Procurement
Hours of work: Part time – Monday and Tuesday (16 hours per week)
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
The Procurement Department are responsible for all purchasing, hire and supply contracts across the BSR Group of companies. From central office requirements to multiple high value materials required for construction and maintenance in the UK and internationally.
The Purchasing Administrator is responsible for supporting the departments within BSR in obtaining quotes, providing accurate delivery dates and placing orders for both purchase and hire. Updating trackers with up-to-date information and feeding back to the relevant parties.
Support the business departments: O & M, BSR EPC, BSR Energy along with the central departments by:
- Actioning purchase order requests via the SharePoint system
- Obtaining where necessary up to date quotes, lead times, delivery information to ensure value, savings, quality and surety of supply
- Raise orders through Sage and issue orders to approved suppliers
- Update the procurement systems to ensure up to date information is available to view
- Feedback delivery information or changes to requestee when necessary
- Source when required new suppliers to meet the needs of the company
- Recording of deliveries to complete the request process
- Process New Supplier documentation and upload to the relevant system
- Process PQQ documentation and ensure updated as and when required
- Obtain accommodation and travel costs as requested to continue the flow to approval to allow booking
- Check the supplier hire reports against internal hire tracker and report any discrepancies
- Liaise with the legal team when required to complete contract purchase orders
- Ensure compliance with the Procurement procedures
- Experience of Sage or similar purchasing system
- Ability to multitask
- Able to work under pressure
- Confident telephone manner
- Exemplary organisational and administrational skills
- Ability to prioritise and plan throughout the working day
- Team Player
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays (pro rata).
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Friday 8th October
To apply: Please send you cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org