British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting into the Head of Legal, you will be working within the legal team primarily focussing on the areas of commercial real estate, construction and commercial contracts. The role will include a range of other legal tasks as directed.
What we need from you:
- Assisting with the delivery and management of securing all property related legal documents including Options for Leases, Leases, Options for Easements, Deeds of Easement, DNO substation leases, easements, wayleaves etc., Licences to Occupy, Licences to Carry Out Works, and Grazing Licences.
- Liaising with external lawyers and internal teams (e.g., accounts, development, grid, design) to assist in securing all property related legal documents required for the project pipeline.
- Reviewing title matters and search results and preparing summary reports.
Assisting with the drafting, negotiation, and review of:
- JCT MW, MWD and D&B Building Contracts.
- Bespoke Sub-Contracts.
- Deeds of Appointment.
- Engineer, Procure and Construct Contracts together with collateral warranties and specification.
- O&M Contracts
- Assisting with the drafting, negotiation, and review of:
- Deeds of Assignment, Novation and Variation, including respective Notices.
- Framework Agreements.
- Letters of Intent.
- Exclusivity Agreements.
- Non-disclosure Agreements.
- Terms and Conditions.
- Parent Company Guarantees.
- Ad hoc Agreements and Miscellaneous Contracts.
- Compliance & Risk
- Assisting with the delivery of compliance and risk training across the business (e.g., Anti-Bribery, Data Protection (DPA & GDPR), Cyber Security, H&S etc.
- Supporting the Head of Legal with the delivery of legal compliance and risk services.
- Drafting/maintaining precedent contracts and agreements.
- Reviewing and reporting on legal contracts and agreements.
- Legal research.
- Dealing with ad hoc legal enquiries.
- Creating/maintaining project files, contract trackers etc.
- Assisting with document and data room management
Skills you’ll have:
- Experience managing an ever-changing workload in an exciting, agile, fast-paced environment.
- Experience working in a legal environment would be desirable.
- Law degree would be desirable, good legal knowledge is required.
- Demonstrates a commitment to continued professional development.
What’s in it for you?
- Opportunities for learning, development and career progression
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free office parking
- Social events
Closing date: 31st March 2023 at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.