British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
The role of Operations Coordinator is primarily responsible for supporting the Regional Field Service team to ensure reactive and planned maintenance activities are delivered safely in line with time, quality, budget criteria. This role interfaces with several internal and external stakeholders including clients, suppliers, account managers, service technicians and operatives to ensure coordination, communication and the administration of key activities are carried out.
The Operations Coordinator will assist with administrative activities required for the Commissioning team, providing support with collating, and filing of documents critical for the completion of construction contracts and contract milestones, compiling the O&M manuals. The role will have multiple interfaces with both internal stakeholders across the business, and external clients and suppliers of goods and services.
What we need from you:
- Coordination of all activities on the sites in your region (coordinating with Regional Operations Managers, technicians, operatives, Account Managers, Tech team, EPC team and anyone else required) and keeping all relevant parties informed of these as needed.
- Development, tracking and updating of the planned maintenance schedules, and ensuring the planned maintenance is completed on time and as required by the scope of works in the client contracts as advised by account managers.
- Capture, filing, collation, review and dissemination of Field Service test and inspection data, records and reports.
- Coordination of reactive maintenance interventions, including, ensuring technicians/operatives respond within our contractually required response times.
- Interrogation of the monitoring system where needed to support planned and reactive maintenance activities.
- Team, supplier and equipment logistics to ensure planned and reactive maintenance activities are carried out on time and within the budget approved by the account managers for those works.
- Arranging site H&S inductions for subcontractors, clients, and other visitors, and arranging for supervision of these visitors as required.
- Arranging quality control inspections of subcontractor’s work, in liaison with the Sub-Contracts Manager and field staff. Feedback results of the QC inspections to the Sub-Contracts Manager and to Account Managers.
- Regular updating and review of the O&M Event Log tickets for the sites in your region, to ensure technicians/operatives are responding to reactive maintenance in accordance with contractually required response times and to ensure that the descriptions are clear, understandable, up to date and fit for inclusion in client monthly reports;
- Spare parts stock tracking, control, management and reporting.
- Raising purchase requisitions and co-ordinating fulfilment, (and delivery) of orders in line with field service requirements and to ensure spare parts are replenished and are in line with the levels required in client contracts.
- Warranty claims administration.
- Support on-boarding of new sites.
- Provide support for the delivery of additional services of sites in your region where requested, including organising parts and logistics, obtaining resources to complete the work, arranging quality control inspections of subcontractor work, and organising photos or other evidence to include in completion reports.
- Taking minutes at intra and inter team meetings and disseminating as required.
- Participation in regular O&M team solar farm performance and O&M contract review meetings to support ROMs and account managers as required.
- Locating, collating, and providing documentation to Field Service team members.
- IMS adherence and input to ongoing development of the IMS systems.
- Organising calibration of equipment and tools in line with requirements, maintaining expiry date logs and collections/deliveries of the equipment.
- Assist with O&M Manual reviews and updates as projects go through their life cycle
Commissioning Team Duties and Responsibilities:
- Receiving, maintaining, controlling, distributing, and filing documentation in line with project requirements.
- Production of the EPC final document packs, including O&M Manuals, ensuring that all documentation and drawings issued meet the project specification, regulations and contract requirements.
- Cross referencing all documentation to ensure consistency and accuracy.
- Coordinating with teams within BSR, suppliers and sub-contractors to verify information, answer questions, and resolve problems regarding documentation.
- Archiving documentation and records in accordance with contractor and project requirements.
- Production of document lists and trackers to deadlines and issuing for sites per build.
- Carry out general administrative duties assigned by the line manager as required.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: 8th August at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.