O&M Account Manager
British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
BSR are a leading provider of expert services in the O&M marketplace with a reputation we are proud of. Our business is run in a responsible, transparent and ethical way where safety dominates everything we do - our mantra is ‘home safe – every day’.
Reporting into our Head of Operational Asset Performance, the purpose of this role is to manage the relationships with one or more of our O&M clients in the PV and BESS industry to ensure we meet their needs and expectations.
The role will be the primary point of contact for these clients, responding to their queries and taking responsibility for resolving issues, compiling and providing monthly and annual reports to them, ensuring that we are delivering our service in accordance with the O&M contract, and providing proposals to them to optimise the performance of their assets. The role will also have some interaction with the relevant landowners.
What we need from you:
Client facing duties:
- Primary point of contact for Asset Owner and Asset Management counterparts.
- Conducting data analysis, KPI summary synthesis, and collation and submission of insightful monthly and annual O&M reports.
- Day-to-day communications, notifications, impact assessments and co-ordination with Asset Owner representatives.
- Organising solar farm site visits for internal quality inspection, customer tours, issue co-ordination and resolution.
- Responsible for ensuring BSR deliver on all aspects of the O&M contracts, including but not limited to:
- Carrying out all services listed in the contract scope within the contract timeframes.
- Carrying out additional services as agreed by the client.
- Ensuring BSR responds to issues/faults within the timeframes specified within the contract.
- Taking action to ensure BSR meets or exceeds the guaranteed level of availability.
- To do this you must have expert knowledge of the O&M contracts and renewable asset status, in terms of open issues, activity plans and sensitivities.
- Development, submission and closing of proposals to optimise performance of clients’ plant.
- Liaison with landowners as needed, including ensuring they undertake site inductions, they are satisfied with the condition of the land, resolving any issues they have, and liaising with them in relation to grazing licences (where relevant).
Internal facing duties:
- O&M contract ownership, including variation, renewal and negotiation, liaising with BSR Legal team as required.
- Plant issue prioritisation aligned with contract and customer drivers.
- Working with the Monitoring team in support of the Service Delivery 1st line monitoring responsibility.
- Close co-ordination with Service Delivery team disciplines.
- Contract budget and profitability responsibility, liaising with Finance team.
- Asset and O&M contract performance reviews with key internal stakeholders (Finance, Legal, IMS, O&M Technical team).
- Engagement and compliance with all the aspects of the IMS as it relates to the assets and contract fulfilment.
Skills you’ll have:
- Proven and successful Account Management experience.
- Proven client-focused solutions experience.
- Good project management skills.
- Ability to communicate client needs with staff and to engage staff in other parts of the department to ensure they resolve clients’ issues in a timely manner.
- Ability to manage multiple projects and relationships simultaneously.
- Ability to put proposals together and help clients understand the rationale and the benefits of implementing them.
- Good negotiation skills.
- An excellent listener and strong communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of technical aspects of solar farm operations.
- Knowledge of financial sectors, account management, and/or community interest companies and their needs and drivers.
- Good team player.
- Ability to work to and meet strict deadlines.
- Works well under pressure.
- Flexibility and willingness to learn.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free office parking
- Social events
- On site yoga classes
Closing date: Wednesday 15th February at 12 noon.
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.