New Energy Project Manager (Development)
British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
1) Welcoming, friendly
and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting to the Senior New Energy Development Manager, the New Energy Project Manager will help to diversify BSR Group’s portfolio of future projects into different low carbon technologies. Building on the Group’s ground mounted solar and battery experience, the role will look to integrate new technologies into BSR’s existing processes, providing insight and support to each of the BSR companies including but not limited to, BSR Energy, BSR EPC and BSR O&M. The position will seek to develop new and existing leads in conjunction with the wider Development Team, while also demonstrating commercial awareness to source their own opportunities through internal and external stakeholders.
Working within agreed time frames, the New Energy Project Manager will be expected to help develop and maintain the New Energy Team’s tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools.
The role requires a high-level understanding of commercial, legal, technical and construction activities required to successfully deliver high value energy-based projects.
What we need from you:
- Ensuring that health and safety is at the forefront of all decision making – ‘Everyone Safe Always’;
- Drawing on internal and external resources the role will involve the planning and implementation of a site finding strategy for each technology;
- Working within agreed budgets and time frames, the New Energy Development Manager will be expected to develop and maintain a disciplined tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools;
- Expanding the New Energy Team’s understanding and knowledge of new technologies and integrating this into designs to deliver optimised energy projects;
- Assisting the Senior New Energy Development Manager with progressing projects while also developing their own list of opportunities;
- Travel to client and stakeholder meetings to maintain close working relationships;
- Learning from the wider market through BSR’s memberships, trade bodies, consultants and 3rd party interest groups at industry B2B events (online and in person) to ensure BSR is agile in adapting to market trends and Government changes in policy;
- Presenting updates on New Energy progress to the Development Team and wider Group.
Skills you’ll have:
- Experience in Construction/Developer Project Management preferably with a working knowledge in the renewables/energy storage sector;
- Intrinsically motivated to further development of sustainable low carbon technologies
- Excellent analytical skills;
- Attention to detail;
- A team player who listens, learns and actively communicates across all levels of the Group;
- Confidence to ask questions;
- Excellent communication skills both written and oral.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Competitive salary
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free office parking
- Social events
Closing date: Wednesday 17th May at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On occasions where we receive a high number of applications, some vacancies may close earlier than the advertised closing date.