Job Title: Junior QSHE Coordinator
Reports to: QSHE Manager
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
Support the Quality, Safety, Health and Environmental (QSHE) Manager in the management of QSHE for BSR activities, including the implementation of the IMS Management System to ensure compliance with relevant ISO certification.
The position will involve various tasks including review of internal and supplier risk assessments and safe systems of work, auditing, collating monthly statistics, admin, day-to-day management of the IMS system and promoting the behavioural safety programme – ‘Everyone Safe Always’.
The nature of this role requires flexibility for extensive travel from the office at Shepton Mallet to our various sites and to occasionally stay away from home.
This entry-level role would be well suited to a graduate looking to begin their career in the Health and Safety sector.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the QSHE Manager on the maintenance and development of the BSR Group integrated management system.
- Assist the QSHE Manager in carrying out risk-based health and safety audits.
- Assist the QSHE Manager in the investigation of accidents, incidents, dangerous occurrences, near misses and other incidents as directed.
- Conduct routine documented inspections and audits of the workplace, facilities, plant and equipment to maintain Group standards.
- Monitor compliance of employees and Third Parties with the QSHE Policy or the requirements of any International Standards that the group hold or are working towards.
- Foster a positive health and safety culture amongst all employees.
- Assist with the development and review of risk assessments and safe systems of work.
- Immediately bring to the attention of the directors and managers any matters relating to QSHE standards or performance (positively as well as negative).
- Learning about Health & Safety Legislation and how changes in legislation and/or practices are communicated to the business.
- Assist the QSHE Manager with reports, newsletters, toolbox talks and other admin tasks as directed.
- Experience in the construction industry or Higher Education level in either Health and Safety or Construction.
- Well organised with the ability and desire to work within a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines
- Enthusiasm to learn and understand more about safety, health, quality, and environment.
- Clean driving licence.
- Collaborative behaviours.
- Strong IT skills with an in depth understanding of MS365 suite including SharePoint, Outlook, Word is essential. A good understanding of Excel is helpful.
- Good communication skills written & verbal.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Strong word processing, formatting and document creation skills.
- NEBOSH Construction Certificate.
- Experience in the construction industry.
- IOSH Managing Safely or Higher Education learning in either Construction or Health and Safety.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Wednesday 10th August 2022
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org