Job Title: Junior Project Manager
Reports to: Senior Project Manager
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
Reporting to the Senior Project Manager, the Junior Project Manager will be responsible for the delivery of large-scale solar PV, energy an energy storage projects. Drawing on internal and external resources this position will involve the planning and implementation of an agreed list of functions and deliverables across the project life from inception through to handover.
Working within agreed budgets and time frames, the Junior Project Manager will be expected to maintain a disciplined tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools.
The role requires a high-level understanding of commercial, legal, technical and construction activities required to successfully deliver high value energy-based projects.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensuring that Health and Safety is at the forefront of all decision making – ‘Everyone Safe Always’, in particular ensuring compliance with BSR’s Health and Safety Policy
- Updating budgets and monthly project costs, including preparation of appropriate Change Control paperwork for Senior Project Manager(s).
- Assist in compiling agreed project budgets and schedules. Under the direction of the Senior Project Manager, maintain a disciplined tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools. This will include updating project schedules and budgets to show progress and spend.
- Prepare and update tracker reports regularly and project risk assessments in conjunction with the Senior Project Manager.
- Conduct site visits and meetings with landowners and development consultants, updating site visit reports, where applicable.
- Take ownership to deliver the project from the very earliest stage of the project life cycle to the final handover
- A qualification in Project Management is desirable, or the willingness to work towards one.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A team player who listens, learns and actively communicates across all levels of the Group.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Monday 27th September, 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com