Junior Monitoring Analyst
British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
BSR are a leading provider of expert services in the O&M (Operations & Maintenance) marketplace with a reputation we are proud of. Our business is run in a responsible, transparent and ethical way where safety dominates everything we do - our mantra is ‘everyone safe always’.
Reporting into an O&M Account Manager, the Junior Monitoring Analyst is an entry level role, that involves monitoring the production of the BSR portfolio of renewable energy plants, including Solar PV and Battery Energy Storage, using the company’s monitoring systems to provide first line identification and logging of potential issues. This role also involves investigating the potential root cause of issues and supporting the operations and account management teams with information for the field service teams and other stakeholders.
This role should be viewed as an opportunity to move into the renewable industry and provides a wide exposure to the renewables industry. The key objective of the monitoring team is to ensure maximum availability of the Plants under BSR O&M control, and any issues are identified as quickly as possible for further investigation.
This is a permanent role working at an average of 40 hours per week (120 hours over 3 weeks on a 14 day working shift pattern.)
What we need from you:
- Monitoring the O&M sites using the BSR Monitoring systems.
- Logging and updating issues methodically and accurately on the BSR ticketing system.
- Producing summary reports of current and recent issues.
- Sharing knowledge to the wider O&M team, site and office and to promote best practice.
- Support the Operations team with diagnosing issues identified via the monitoring systems and giving clear and concise information to the field team.
- Supporting with data analysis for O&M reporting
- Liaising with essential service providers such as security monitoring contractors and internet service providers and Distribution Network Operators.
- Assisting Operations Team with equipment calibrations when required
- Operation and contribution to the development of the O&M and BSR Quality Management Systems and processes.
- Participation in out of hours ‘On Call’ provision.
- Supporting the arrangements and planning of the monitoring teams shifts to ensure sufficient monitoring cover 7 days a week.
- Supporting the arrangements and planning of the out of hours phone system to ensure sufficient out of hours phone cover 7 days a week.
Skills you’ll have:
- Engineering/ science/ technical background or qualification preferable.
- Attention to detail with the desire and skills to identify problems and record them methodically.
- Ability to understand hazards and risks on utility scale renewable energy projects.
- Excellent communication skills, patience and perseverance with a motivation for steady and continuous improvement.
- Desire to learn about renewable energy systems, performance and processes.
- Team player who listens, learns, and actively communicates.
- Problem solving skills and an aptitude for implementing new ideas.
- Driving licence.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Monday 31st July at 9am
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.