Job Title: Junior Monitoring Analyst
Reports to: Head of Operational Asset Performance
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
BSR are a leading provider of expert services in the O&M (Operations & Maintenance) marketplace with a reputation we are proud of. Our business is run in a responsible, transparent and ethical way where safety dominates everything we do - our mantra is ‘everyone safe always’.
The Junior Monitoring Analyst is an entry level role, that involves monitoring the production of the BSR portfolio of plants, including Solar PV and BESS, using the company’s monitoring systems to provide first line identification and logging of potential issues. This role also involves investigating the potential root cause of issues and remotely supporting the operations and account management teams.
This role should be viewed as an opportunity to move into the renewable industry and provides a wide exposure to the solar industry. The key objective of the monitoring team is to ensure maximum availability of the Solar Plants under BSR O&M control, and any issues are identified as quickly as possible for investigation.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitoring the O&M sites using the BSR Monitoring systems.
- Logging and updating issues methodically and accurately on the BSR ticketing system.
- Producing summary reports of current and recent issues.
- Sharing knowledge to the wider O&M team, site and office and to promote best practice.
- Support the Operations team with diagnosing issues identified via the monitoring systems.
- Operation and contribution to the development of the O&M and BSR Quality Management Systems and processes.
- Participation in out of hours ‘On Call’ provision.
- Supporting the arrangements and planning of the monitoring teams shifts to ensure sufficient monitoring cover 7 days a week.
- Supporting the arrangements and planning of the out of hours phone system to ensure sufficient out of hours phone cover 7 days a week.
Desired skills and experience:
- Bright, numerate graduate with technical skills, for example Engineering (BEng) or Science (BSc) degree)
- Attention to detail with the desire and skills to identify problems and record them methodically.
- Ability to understand hazards and risks on large scale solar farms;
- Excellent communication skills, patience and perseverance with a motivation for steady and continuous improvement.
- Team player who listens, learns, and actively communicates.
- Problem solving skills and an aptitude for implementing new ideas.
- Driving licence.
- Ability to work in UK.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: 3rd January 2023 at 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org