Junior Investment Manager
British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting into the Investment Manager, the Junior Investment Manager supports the Investment Manager in evaluating investment opportunities, strategies and business plans, as well as assessing and implementing revenue and debt strategies. There will be close interaction with all departments in the Group. The role is key to BSR’s journey into becoming a substantial Independent Power Producer (IPP) and offers scope for growth as the portfolio owned by BSR grows.
What we need from you:
- Assist with the evaluation and execution of new investment opportunities across solar, wind and other renewable and clean technologies - project evaluation, project management, relationship management, internal management, negotiation, due diligence.
- Contribute to and/or own specific investment strategies.
- Support the Investment Manager in devising, assessing and implementing revenue strategies and agreements.
- Support the Investment Manager, Portfolio Director, Head of Funding and the CFO in devising, assessing and implementing debt strategies.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Senior Management Team around potential investment opportunities.
- Attending relevant industry and networking events in order to stay abreast of current developments and trends.
Skills you’ll have:
- Be a team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, engaging with colleagues at all levels of seniority.
- Experience preferably in Renewables / Infrastructure / Energy /Finance sector
- Prior financial modelling experience is a plus; however we are open-minded to find the right candidate with the aptitude, intention and transferable skills.
- Analytical and Excel financial modelling skills.
- Understanding of financial valuation theories and the willingness to learn and assist with core accounting and tax requirements.
- Able to read financial statements confidently.
- Commercial mindset: able to own investment decision making and understand the impact on potential investments.
- An ability to understand risks, reach a balanced appraisal of probability and impact, and build workable risk mitigation strategies.
- HND or degree qualification in a relevant subject similar.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free office parking
- Social events
Closing date: Monday 14th August at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we receive a high number of applications, some vacancies may close earlier than the advertised closing date.