Job Title: IT Support Engineer
Reports to: Head of IT
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
British Solar Renewables (BSR) are looking for an IT Support Engineer to perform 1st and 2nd line support, who can join the team immediately and hit the ground running during an exciting time of business growth. You will be the primary point of contact for our end users and take pride in delivering excellent service. You will need a good understanding of Windows and Microsoft 365 environments and adaptive to learning the continual release of Microsoft features that a best of breed cloud service provides.
The IT Support Engineer will be responsible for the day-to-day desktop support across the company user base, identifying and troubleshooting issues through to resolution. You will help with hardware troubleshooting and deployments, supporting communication devices, software applications, deployment of updates and providing knowledge between staff and third-party applications. The IT Support Engineer will ensure all support calls are answered and logged efficiently in accordance with internal processes and procedures and will maintain IT asset inventories.
If you have a good technical ability and have previously experienced working in Microsoft 365 and Azure environments this could be a great opportunity for you to continue to grow your knowledge and skills.
- Provide effective technical support including troubleshooting, performing diagnostics and reporting
- Configuring and supporting Microsoft 365, Windows OS, and Office
- Log calls and liaise with external suppliers
- SharePoint Online administration
- Active Directory user and group administration
- Deployment and support of end user devices
- Installing and configuring hardware and software systems
- Upgrades of software and business systems
- Mobile Device Management (Android & iOS)
- Keeping detailed Inventory records for IT assets (Laptops, Mobiles, Printers, Software licensing)
- Writing engaging user guidance and training staff on IT systems
- Develop and maintain effective procedures for new starters and leavers
- Perform thorough IT inductions for new members of staff
- Arrange safe disposal/recycling of old equipment following WEEE regulations
- Aid the IT Technical Lead in the roll-out of new technologies and upgrades
- Ability to handle periodic on-call duty as well as ad-hoc requests.
- Previous experience in 1st/2nd line support
- Excellent configuration/troubleshooting, analytical and diagnostic skills
- Support of Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office
- Desk configuration, adds, moves and changes
- Practical experience of networking, servers, printing, VPNs, routers, backup solutions and anti-virus software
- Basic knowledge of network technologies, DNS, DHCP, TCP/IP over Ethernet Networking, WiFi networks and infrastructure cabling
- Information and cyber security awareness
- Comfortable supporting mobile devices both Android and iOS
- Dynamic in thought process and demonstrates initiative
- Confident communicator - both verbal and written
- Excellent team player with ‘can-do’ approach and able manage and prioritise own work with strong attention to detail
- Have the passion to go that extra mile for your customer
- Familiarity of ITIL framework and best practices
- Experience with extended Microsoft 365 suite
- SharePoint Online (highly desirable)
- Power Automate
- Understanding of subnets and IP address/routing protocols
- Experience in telephony administration
- Experience with MDM solutions
- Exposure to cloud API systems integration
- Educated to AS level, BTEC, NVQ level 3 or equivalent.
- Ideally hold a relevant computer science or similar subject degree or equivalent.
- Microsoft, CompTIA, ITIL qualification(s) or equivalent.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Tuesday 18th January
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com