Job Title: Investment Manager
Reports to: Portfolio Director
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
Sitting within the Commercial Team, the Investment Manager supports the Portfolio Director in evaluating investment opportunities, strategies and business plans, as well as assessing and implementing revenue and debt strategies. There will be close interaction with all departments of the group. The role is key to BSR’s journey into becoming a substantial Independent Power Producer (IPP) and offers scope for growth as the portfolio owned by BSR grows.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work closely with other team members
- Lead evaluation and execution of new investment opportunities across solar, wind and other renewable and clean technologies - project evaluation, project management, relationship management, internal management, negotiation, due diligence
- Contribute to and/or own specific investment strategies.
- Support the portfolio director in devising, assessing and implementing revenue strategies and agreements.
- Support the portfolio director and the CFO in devising, assessing and implementing debt strategies.
- Provide advice and recommendations to the Senior Management Team around potential investment opportunities.
- Attending relevant industry and networking events in order to stay abreast of current developments and trends.
- Be a team player with the confidence to exercise judgement appropriately, engaging with colleagues at all levels of seniority
- Transaction experience preferably in Renewables / Infrastructure / Energy /Finance sector
- Prior equity lead experience is a plus, however we are open-minded to find the right candidate with the aptitude and intention and transferable skills
- Analytical and Excel financial modelling skills
- Understanding of financial valuation theories coupled with core accounting and tax skills and an ability to read financial statements confidently
- Commercial mindset; able to own investment decision making and understand the impact on potential investments
- An ability to understand risks, reach a balanced appraisal of probability and impact, and build workable risk mitigation strategies
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Tuesday 13th September 2022
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org