Job Title: HR Officer (12-month maternity cover)
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
BSR are looking for a passionate individual to provide HR support to over 80 employees across the UK and Australia. The HR Officer is a busy and diverse role ranging from being the first point of contact for HR queries, to processing new starters, leavers and supporting the Internal Recruitment team.
This post is a fixed-term contract to cover maternity leave.
Duties and Responsibilities:
HR – the first point of contact for HR related queries from employees and external parties (training suppliers etc).
- Maintaining personnel records using our HR system as well as ensuring individual files are maintained with up to date and relevant records
- Monitoring return to work interviews and sick notes
- Manage BSR’s employee appraisal process
- Issue new starter offer letters and contracts
- Managing BSR’s new starter process, inductions and leaver process
- Attending monthly HR department meetings across the business including, taking meeting notes, recording actions
- Provide accurate and timely responses and communication with the BSR workforce, responding to queries and requests as appropriate
- Work collaboratively with colleagues to deliver good service
- Disposing of personal information in line with HR retention period (in line with BSR policy guidelines)
- Support external HR consultants with ad hoc HR projects
- Supporting BSR’s Internal Recruiter with managing incoming job applications, reviewing CVs and giving candidate feedback
- Administer employees’ enquiries in respect of training courses and to provide accurate information to enable members to obtain the appropriate qualifications / training following the agreed process
- Maintain accurate records of all bookings
- Complete course bookings
- Prepare registration paperwork and carry out all necessary registration of delegates with external examination authorities
- Update the HR system with training records, including uploading certificates
- Update the Training Competency Matrix and highlight training gaps
- GCSE A-C in maths and English, or equivalent
- Previous administrative experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Able to use initiative
- Team player who does not mind working on their own
- Clean driving licence
This position is ideally suited to someone who has achieved Level 3 CIPD Level 3 Foundation Diploma in Human Resource Practice or similar relevant qualification.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Friday 4th February, 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com