Job Title: Head of IT
Reports to: Deputy CEO
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
The Head of IT will be responsible for all IT (Information Technology) functions within the BSR Group. They will be responsible for the groups technical infrastructure, implementation of new systems, group policies and will need to provide IT support to both internal and external stakeholders, as well as managing a team of IT specialists.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Ensure that health and safety is at the forefront of all decision making – ‘Everyone Safe Always’.
- Responsible for all IT operations undertaken by the Group.
- Oversee all technology operations (e.g. cyber security) and evaluate them to ensure they meet group priorities and objectives.
- Write and implement IT policies and systems to support group strategies.
- Continually analyse departmental needs to determine their technology requirements.
- Continually review the use of equipment and software to ensure functionality and efficiency across the Group.
- Identify upgrades, configuration changes, new systems and disaster recovery requirements to senior management.
- Prepare annual financial budgets.
- Work with finance to review and rationalise monthly and capital expenditures.
- Continually review cyber security across business systems, suggesting and implementing improvements to safeguard company data.
- Manage and oversee the implementation of new systems (including ERP) as required by the group.
BSc/BA in computer science, or relevant field. However, this role is also suitable for persons qualified by experience who demonstrate the key skills and experience required, such as;
- Proven experience as Head of IT or similar senior managerial role within IT;
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications;
- Experience in controlling IT budgets.
- Solid understanding of IT systems (hardware/software).
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- Ability to work cross functionally.
- Logical decision making.
- Hands on approach.
- Strong team management and coordination skills.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th December 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org