British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
BSR EPC provides a professional, technology-focused EPC service for the successful delivery of solar PV, battery storage and electrical connection projects. At the heart of this solution is our deep industry knowledge and excellent track record of constructing over 700MW of utility-scale projects in the UK, including the UK’s four largest solar PV parks and the UK’s largest energy storage scheme.
BSR EPC are committed to Health and Safety, the environment and the quality of our service provision are essential objectives to our business aims and philosophy.
BSR EPC is proud to deliver bespoke solutions on-time, on-budget, to the highest Health and Safety and Environmental standards whilst delivering maximum quality throughout the entire installation, from early client engagement and design, through construction to commissioning and energisation of the plant, focusing in Australia, SADEC, MENA and Western Europe using a robust international supply chain.
As Head of Construction, you will be part of the construction senior management team and directly reporting to the EPC Director. The aim of the role is to ensure the projects goals and objectives are achieved within the proposed schedule, budget and defined health and safety, and quality parameters. Effective and strong inter-personnel skills coupled with good communication abilities are essential to aid in the delivery of multiple projects at any one time.
This role is a key strategic position for BSR and will also require the candidate to take a proactive approach in reviewing and developing opportunities to improve the overall performance of the project and/or wider business. We are looking for someone who has a passion for renewable energy and understands the importance for change.
What we need from you:
- Managing the construction delivery team to ensure safe, well planned construction activities throughout the project delivery phase.
- Ensuring delivery of multiple projects simultaneously to time, cost, and quality parameters.
- Leading the contracts managers making sure they are managing the contractors and their subcontractors, to ensure safe and timely delivery on site.
- To ensure well planned and coordinated works and logistics.
- Facilitating senior meetings across all areas of the project to progress delivery.
- Ensuring all activities are carried out in a safe and responsible manner, and to set an example in health and safety compliance.
- Driving the contracts managers and ensuring contractor performance is in line with the agreed programme. Escalating concerns to the EPC Director and provide solutions to recover/mitigate any delays.
- Reviewing the project in depth to schedule deliverables and estimating costs.
- Preparing internal and external reports pertaining to job status.
- Evaluating, managing, and mitigating risks.
- Comply with statutory regulations, are QHSE compliant and meet technical industry standards.
- Ensure the safe delivery of projects through the management of risk and competence.
- Recruit and retain talent for the present delivery and future growth of projects.
- Complete projects on time and on budget and to the satisfaction of all parties.
- Identify, reduce, and manage all risks (technical, statutory, health and safety, commercial or otherwise) associated with each and every project.
- Selecting and leading multiple project teams simultaneously. Ensuring that each stage of the project happens on time, on budget and to a high standard.
- Reporting regularly on progress to the EPC Director.
- Resolving any issues or delays.
- Demonstrating knowledge of all areas of construction.
- Monitoring construction budget to minimise overspending.
- Supporting the Quantity Surveyors, alongside the contracts managers, with negotiations with subcontractors.
Skills you’ll have:
- A team-oriented yet assertive character with strong leadership abilities.
- Strong understanding of construction Health and Safety law and legislation.
- Success-driven, innovative, and dynamic personality
- Strong planning and organization abilities.
- Strong communication, negotiation, and presentation skills.
- High degree of self-motivation and integrity.
- Willingness and ability to travel nationally.
- Team player with excellent communication skills and ability to work independently.
- Embrace the challenge of continuous growth.
- Stay calm and solution focused also during turbulent times.
- Competent with computers, with a good understanding of Microsoft suite, in particular Excel and project.
- An ability to build strong motivated teams, to deliver BSR’s pipeline.
- Highly experienced with a successful track record in a similar role
- Experience in project execution and construction for Solar and Battery Energy Storage.
- Strong operations background in delivering multi-million-pound infrastructure projects.
- Leadership experience.
- HND or degree qualification in construction, or similar equal experience.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free office parking
- Social events
Closing date: Tuesday 11th April at 5pm
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.