Job Title: Grid Project Manager
Reports to: Grid Connections Manager
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
Reporting to the Grid Connections Manager, the Grid Project Manager will be responsible for the development of Grid Connections for large-scale renewable and sustainable assets including Solar PV and energy storage projects. Drawing on internal and external resources this position will involve the planning and implementation of an agreed list of functions and deliverables for Grid connections from inception through to handover.
The Grid Project Manager’s primary role is to develop new Grid connections to meet the commercial and technical requirements of the asset. The Grid Project Manager will be the main point of contact with the DNO (District Network Operator) for their connections and will work closely with the development team to ensure that all the necessary steps are taken for the connection to be ready for connection.
Working within agreed budgets and time frames, the Grid Project Manager will be expected to maintain a disciplined tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools.
The role requires a high-level understanding of commercial, legal, technical and construction activities required to successfully deliver high value Grid Connections for energy-based projects.
- Critical review of Grid offers for new connections, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Lead in detailed technical discussions with DNOs, Designers, Development Project Managers and Legal Counsel.
- Facilitate with the Development Project Manager all connection surveys required.
- Identify grid cable route requirements
- Review and agree a commercially and technically viable communications system with the DNO
- Identify possible cost savings and opportunities within the grid offer and work with the project team to realise them
- Arrange electricity meters for new connections
- Facilitate the Joint Operating Agreement for new connections
- Secure MPANs and import agreements for new connections
- Maintain the grid status information records for each site with progress and the grid connection specification.
- Ensure project milestones comply with the grid offer milestones.
- Co-ordinate regular update meetings for the DNO PM and relevant development PM.
- Record, issue and obtain approval of minutes and action plans from all DNO meetings
- Identify and facilitate any Low Voltage (LV) requirements for the connection
- Identify and facilitate any telephone connection requirements for the connection
- Experience in the development of Grid Connections preferably with a working knowledge in energy storage or the renewables sector.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A team player who listens, learns, and actively communicates across all levels of the Group.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- MS office, Word, Excel, Outlook etc.
- AutoCAD preferable
- Engineering based Degree or equivalent qualification preferable
- Organised approach to work
- Good communication both written and verbal
- High levels of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Driving licence
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Friday 7th January, 12pm.
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org