British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting to the Grid Connections Manager, the Grid Project Manager will be responsible for the development of Grid Connections for large-scale renewable and sustainable assets including Solar PV and energy storage projects. Drawing on internal and external resources this position will involve the planning and implementation of an agreed list of functions and deliverables for Grid connections from inception through to handover.
The Grid Project Manager’s primary role is to develop new Grid connections to meet the commercial and technical requirements of the asset. The Grid Project Manager will be the main point of contact with the DNO (District Network Operator) for their connections and will work closely with the development team to ensure that all the necessary steps are taken for the connection to be ready for connection.
Working within agreed budgets and time frames, the Grid Project Manager will be expected to maintain a disciplined tracking and reporting regime using recognised project management techniques and tools.
The role requires a high-level understanding of commercial, legal, technical and construction activities required to successfully deliver high value Grid Connections for energy-based projects.
What we need from you:
- Critical review of Grid offers for new connections, identifying risks and opportunities.
- Lead in detailed technical discussions with DNOs, Designers, Development Project Managers and Legal Counsel.
- Facilitate with the Development Project Manager all connection surveys required.
- Identify grid cable route requirements
- Review and agree a commercially and technically viable communications system with the DNO
- Identify possible cost savings and opportunities within the grid offer and work with the project team to realise them
- Arrange electricity meters for new connections
- Facilitate the Joint Operating Agreement for new connections
- Secure MPANs and import agreements for new connections
- Maintain the grid status information records for each site with progress and the grid connection specification.
- Ensure project milestones comply with the grid offer milestones.
- Co-ordinate regular update meetings for the DNO PM and relevant development PM.
- Record, issue and obtain approval of minutes and action plans from all DNO meetings
- Identify and facilitate any Low Voltage (LV) requirements for the connection
- Identify and facilitate any telephone connection requirements for the connection
Skills you’ll have:
- Experience in the development of Grid Connections preferably with a working knowledge in energy storage or the renewables sector.
- Excellent analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- A team player who listens, learns, and actively communicates across all levels of the Group.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement.
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Monday 23rd October at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.