British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting into the Director of Construction, the Contracts Manager will be responsible for management of multiple projects. The Contracts Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all members of their team fulfil the requirements, plan and complete works on budget, programme and complete all Quality Assurance and Health and Safety requirements.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, pro-active, conscientious and used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to tight deadlines.
The nature of this role requires flexibility for extensive travel from the office at Shepton Mallet to our various sites and locations, with a requirement to occasionally stay away from home.
What we need from you:
- Establish and manage programme and construction plans.
- Establish and coordinate project budgets, cost plan and construction quantities, with the Quantity Surveyors.
- Identify, engage and negotiate with suppliers and sub-contractors.
- Negotiate and establish contracts for delivery of services, as required to execute the construction works to meet program and budget.
- Maintain and monitor robust cost control and programme.
- Attend regular general site and specific works package/ contractor meetings and to control works.
- Manage variations and change across all works packages with the Cost Management team.
- See all aspects of project budget programme and quality/H&S through to completion of works and closure of all work packages.
Skills you’ll have:
- Experience of working in a similar role is essential.
- Experience on electrical projects would be advantageous.
- Excellent communication skills and full use of Microsoft suite.
- The use of Microsoft Project would be desirable, but training can be provided.
- Previous experience of managing large scale construction/infrastructure projects.
- HND or degree qualification in construction, or equivalent experience.
- A full British driving licence is essential.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Tuesday October 3rd at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.