Job Title: CAD Design Engineer
Reports to: Head of Design and Engineering
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
Under the supervision of the Head of Design and Engineering, the CAD Design Engineer works alongside various departments within the BSR and throughout all project stages to produce and amend designs and drawings.
- Spatial design of large-scale ground mount solar PV projects, battery energy storage projects and associated ancillary equipment, producing reports and information throughout the project lifecycle;
- Draft and issue layouts in cooperation with internal and external planning professionals to achieve designs that will satisfy local authorities whilst considering commercial considerations;
- With Project Managers, working to produce detailed design packs for technical due diligence that meet the requirements of clients, technical advisors and investors;
- Working with internal and external legal professionals to produce plans for lease agreements, cable easements/wayleaves, rights of access and grazing licences;
- Providing construction teams and external contractors with construction drawings and setting out information. Brief setting out engineers and provides support to site teams during project construction;
- Performs calculations and assessments of PV plant operation including, (but not limited to) PVSyst calculations, yield assessments and plant modelling.
- Authoring of BSR Group CAD drawings;
- Producing & analysing PV layouts designs to achieve the best performance.
- Issue As-Built drawings in conjunction with relevant parties within the company and/or external agencies;
- Organisation and maintenance of CAD files within BSR’s filing systems, ensuring drawings are up to date and issued according to the BSR Quality Management System;
- Documentation of cable lengths for electrical design and cable schedules;
- Site visits, (pre/during/post construction) and integration of feedback and As-Built survey information into final documentation and subsequent designs;
- Providing input into project value engineering and wider commercial design efforts;
- Continual process and procedure review and improvement within the Design department.
- Background in Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) – at least two years;
- Good at problem solving.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven experience in the coordination of multiple projects;
- Excellent organisation, efficiency and thoroughness with all work undertaken;
- Versatile and forward thinking.
- Has an interest in renewable energy.
- PV system layout and design experience, however training will be provided for shortlisted candidates with relevant transferable skills or experience.
- Engineering, Graphics or any relevant CAD qualification.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Wednesday 14th July
Please send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com