Job Title: Assistant Project Accountant
Reports to: Commercial Manager
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
The Assistant Project Accountant will provide support to the Commercial Manager in the day-to-day cost management of all UK and international projects. This role will work closely with other operational teams including the Development Project Managers and the Quantity Surveyors.
The company is offering to support the successful candidate in gaining their CIMA qualification.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Updating cost reports for all active projects on a timely basis
- Monitoring spend across a number projects to assist with budget management and ensuring Development & Construction budgets are maintained
- Discussing with staff from other functions of the business to ensure accurate cost allocation
- Assisting with project cost forecasting and reporting any changes to spend as they occur
- Matching project cashflows to project reports
- Monitoring client receipts and providing ad hoc credit control where required
- Taking an active role in regular meetings with the Quantity Surveyors and Contracts Managers
- Updating monthly spend report for the Project Managers
- Providing information on all projects to various parts of the business including senior managers when required
- Gathering information from the Construction team to assist with monthly management accounting
- Ideally completed AAT or have experience working within finance or project role
- AAT or similar
- Confident with Microsoft Office, particularly Excel
- Strong communication skills
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team
- Good time management skills
- Full UK driving licence
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Monday 10th January, 12pm.
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org