Careers at British Solar Renewables
Though we may not always have open vacancies, the BSR group is keen to hear from talented individuals. If you are interested in working with us then do send a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will keep relevant individuals in mind for future opportunities.
Below is a list of roles we currently have available:
Title: Operations and Maintenance – Service Technician
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Central (Worcestershire / Cotswolds / Oxfordshire /Swindon)
Salary: Competitive plus company vehicle, fuel card, overtime and on call fees
Benefits: Pension, private health, life insurance, childcare vouchers
BSR are a leading provider of expert services in the Operations and Maintenance (O&M) marketplace with a reputation we are proud of. Our business is run in a responsible, transparent and ethical way where safety dominates everything we do – our mantra is ‘Everyone Safe – Always’.
We are looking to recruit an O&M Service Technician in the Central (Worcestershire / Cotswolds / Oxfordshire /Swindon) areas. The successful candidate must be willing to travel to various sites across the central region of the UK.
This role is responsible for the successful and safe delivery of O&M planned and reactive maintenance activities on a portfolio of utility scale solar PV plants.
Duties of the role:
Duties include planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution, and reporting. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties.
- Planned preventative maintenance of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Reactive maintenance interventions and fault diagnosis of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Inspections, information gathering and records keeping;
- Completion of job sheets, stock control;
- Access and security control;
- H&S policy adherence and supporting the further development of the system;
- Adherence to and supporting the further development of the BSR Quality Management System;
- Supervision of sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites;
- Self-lead and classroom based training.
Experience and qualifications:
- At least five years technical experience as an approved electrician (18th edition) or electrical engineer;
- Inspection and maintenance experience and qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5);
- Solar PV installation and maintenance experience (including systems over 50kWp and G59/3) and qualifications (C&G 2372 or C&G 2399 or equivalent);
- Experience and training with central PV Inverters (i.e. Ingeteam, Gamesa, ABB, Sungrow, Emerson etc.) and Power Electronic PV inverters is highly desirable;
- Experience and training with HV switchgear and systems is highly desirable;
- Health and Safety awareness (e.g. ECS and/or SSSTS) including valid first aid ticket;
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision;
- Attention to detail and can-do attitude;
- Team player and good communicator;
- Strong technical understanding and ability to explain and resolve faults;
- Enthusiasm for continuing development and learning;
- Clean Driving Licence.
Applicants must be able to work in the UK.
Please submit a covering letter and CV via the following link
Title: O&M Sub-Contracts Manager
Reports to: Head of Account Management
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, life cover
Term: Permanent, full time – 40hours
BSR’s award winning Operations and Maintenance (O&M) team is looking for a skilled and experienced Sub-Contracts Manager to proactively manage the services and works subcontractors on its UK O&M portfolio of 44 solar farms.
The Sub-Contracts Manager must ensure:
- That the works/services are delivered on time, within budget and to the highest quality and safety standards;
- All subcontracts are current, and all new subcontracts and frameworks are negotiated on a timely basis;
- Best value for money for the works/services is obtained; and
- All sub-contractors fulfil all QA, H&S and other supplier requirements (eg insurances)
The types of works/services to be covered by these contracts could include but not be, but not limited to provision of the following:
- Grounds maintenance (mowing, hedge maintenance, weed spraying, fence repairs, environmental surveys etc.);
- Solar panel cleaning;
- Electrical maintenance of solar farms;
- Inverter manufacturer service contracts;
- Grazing licences;
- Fire risk assessments and fire extinguisher checks;
- Security system maintenance;
- Security alarm monitoring; and
- Manned security services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage the budget for the works/services on a site by site basis, and ensure that works are delivered within budget;
- Liaise with Regional Operations Managers, Operations Officers and Account Managers to obtain their input on scope of works/services required and selection criteria and ensure it delivers on our contractual requirements;
- Establish new and maintain existing frameworks for works and services;
- Manage the call down and co-ordination of works and services across the O&M portfolio on an annual basis to allow BSR to meet its O&M Contract obligations;
- Run tender processes, to ensure best value for money is obtained and the selected sub-contractor meets other criteria including quality of works and Health and Safety requirements;
- Liaise with procurement and QSHE team to ensure we follow relevant procedures and obtain input from them as required;
- Collate all information required for the delivery of services/works and liaise with the Legal team to set-up sub-contracts and framework agreements, (where relevant) and assist in negotiations;
- Liaise with in-house grounds and panel cleaning team(s) to ensure all grounds and panel cleaning works are effectively coordinated and completed, and sub-contractors are not engaged where not needed;
- Establish delivery plans for sub-contracted works/services;
- Review and agree risk assessments and method statements for the works;
- Liaise with field staff to schedule the works, arrange for them to carry out site inductions where required, and to confirm that works have been carried out on time and to an agreed and acceptable quality level (and maintain a record and evidence of this);
- Attend regular general site and specific works package/contractor meetings and to control works
- Manage relationships and any non-performance issues with sub-contractors; liaising with the Legal team where required;
- Identify and implement improvements to the contract process and ways to reduce sub-contractor costs;
- Prepare and submit forecast sub-contractor costs for future years for budgeting purposes;
- Maintain excellent working relationships with stakeholders ensuring regular and timely communications take place across the O&M portfolio.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, pro-active and conscientious and used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to tight deadlines as the completion dates for most subcontracted works have little room for movement.
- Experience in running tenders and setting up contracts as a works service manager/contract manager/contract administrator for delivery of services worth over £100,000 p.a. (in total);
- Excellent negotiation skills;
- Excellent relationship management skills;
- A track record of successfully resolving non-performance issues and/or disputes with contractors;
- Excellent attention to detail;
- Ability to prioritise time;
- Competent user of Microsoft 365 suite including Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Self-motivated, pro-active and conscientious;
- Used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to tight deadlines;
- A team player.
- Skills and previous experience in the construction or maintenance of solar plants;
- Competent user of Microsoft Project;
- Experience with contracts relating to electrical projects/services, grounds maintenance, cleaning services and/or security provision;
- Strong project management skills;
- Contract knowledge and experience;
- HND or degree qualification in construction, or similar equal experience.
To apply for this role, please upload a covering letter and your CV via this link: https://britishrenewables.breathehr.com/v/o-m-sub-contracts-manager-4806
Applications close Thursday 27th June 2019
Title: Senior Project Engineer (SAP)
Reports to: BSR Connect Operations Manager
Remuneration: Dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, life cover
Additional: Company 4×4 vehicle, participation in on call rota.
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
BSR Connect is a leading Independent Connections Provider (ICP), accredited under the Lloyds National Electrical Registration Scheme (NERS) up to and including 132kV, to deliver safe, robust and cost-effective connections to electricity distribution networks. We provide grid connection works from low voltage up to and including 132kV, working on projects from inception to completion, including Distribution Network Operator (DNO) adoption.
The Project Engineer is key member of the business and BSR group of companies. As the lead Senior Authorised Person (SAP) for the group, the role is responsible for managing the engineering works on High Voltage electrical projects, during initial installation and ongoing operation and maintenance. Experience of projects up to 132kV would be advantageous but not essential.
The applicant shall be experienced and competent in working with electrical safety rules, including a knowledge of control procedures.
Duties of the Role
Manage and actively contribute to the following (but not limited to);
- SAP duties on new connections and existing renewable/generation projects;
- Control Engineer and mentor for developing SAP’s;
- The management of project electrical installation and commissioning;
- HV substation building requirements, design and installation;
- Liaising with DNO representatives;
- Coordination of all associated 3rd parties, such as BT and utility companies;
- Appointing specialist contractors for electrical works where required;
- Sub-contracting to O&M providers (both related partied and third parties as applicable;
- Role includes travel across the UK and staying away overnight, at times with short notice.
Qualifications, skills and experience:
- Senior Authorised Person (SAP) up to 33kV. Senior Authorised Person up to 132kV preferred. Training will be provided to obtain 132kV authorisation;
- Experience within a Distribution Network Operator (DNO) or utility-based company;
- Experience in High Voltage system design, operation and protection schemes;
- Proven track record of managing high voltage installation projects;
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office 365;
- Qualifications in Electrical installations and inspections or; qualification in Electrical Engineering such as BSc or HND.
- UK driving license
- Ability to work in the UK
Competencies required for this role:
Functional / Technical Skills
Please apply by uploading a covering letter and CV via this link