Careers at British Solar Renewables
Though we may not always have open vacancies, the BSR group is keen to hear from talented individuals. If you are interested in working with us then do send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and we will keep relevant individuals in mind for future opportunities.
Below is a list of roles we currently have available:
Job Description: Business Development Manager
Line Manager: Managing Director
Omnio is an exciting and ambitious new start-up looking to develop the largest portfolio of batteries in the UK.
Our focus is on bringing the benefits of energy storage to distributed commercial and industrial (C&I) users and supporting the network at the Low Voltage (LV) level. Our solution will bring cost savings and environmental benefits to our hosts and valuable support to national infrastructure.
Omnio is part of the BSR Group, providing us with a robust platform from which to execute our ambitious mission statement.
We are looking for a highly motivated and results orientated Business Development Professional to design, lead and implement our sales, onboarding and customer relations functions. With a highly desirable proposition to offer potential customers the role, reporting directly to the Managing Director, will focus on efficient customer acquisition to maximise market share.
Responsibilities are not limited to:
- Delivering sales;
- Market segregation and target identification;
- Design and development of full life sales and onboarding process;
- Design and development of customer relation function;
- Working with management and technical departments to create efficiencies in project delivery;
- Promoting Omnio within industry among prospects, intermediaries, press and public;
- Maintaining record of customer and prospect activity and providing reporting to management;
- Working with management to help define and develop marketing and PR strategy.
Technical, professional and educational background:
- Demonstrable track record in sales;
- Knowledge of electricity supply / energy management / on site generation fields preferred, but not essential;
- Experience in interfacing with senior management stakeholders at blue-chip organisations;
- Experience from organisation with well-defined sales, onboarding and customer relation function;
- Some understanding of financial principles.
Character and personality:
- Results driven
- Highly professional but tenacious salesperson
- Commercially minded
- Organised and thorough
Salary: Relating to experience
Commission: Stepped and highly transparent commission structure; to reward performance
Holidays: 25 days
Location: Somerset – initially in Shepton Mallet with relocation to Bristol in late 2017
Benefits: Pension, private health, training support as required
This is an excellent opportunity to play a crucial role in growing and establishing one of the most talked about new energy storage businesses in the country. The successful candidate will be joining a small and innovative team with huge ambitions for expansion over the coming years, but with the support of a solid and robust parent company to provide security.
Please send a covering letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Title: Operations and Maintenance – Service Technician
Reports to: Regional Operations Manager
Location: Suffolk, Cambridgeshire
Salary: Competitive plus company vehicle
Benefits: Pension, private health, life insurance, childcare vouches
We are looking recruit for an Operations and Maintenance Service Technician to cover the Suffolk and Cambridgeshire area.
Responsible for the successful and safe delivery of O&M planned and reactive maintenance activities, on a portfolio of utility scale solar PV plants.
Duties include planned and reactive maintenance, fault diagnosis and resolution, and reporting. This is a permanent role and will require availability for weekend on-call duties.
- Planned preventative maintenance of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Reactive maintenance interventions and fault diagnosis of electrical, auxiliary, communications, mechanical, structural and security systems;
- Inspections, information gathering and records keeping;
- Completion of job sheets, stock control;
- Access and security control;
- H&S policy adherence and supporting the further development of the system;
- Adherence to and supporting the further development of the BSR Quality Management System;
- Supervision of sub-contractors, suppliers and visitors to sites;
- Self-lead and classroom based training.
Experience and qualifications:
- At least eight years technical experience as a qualified electrician (17th edition) or electrical engineer;
- Inspection and maintenance experience and qualifications (C&G 2391 or 2394/5);
- Solar PV installation and maintenance experience (including systems over 50kWp and G59/3) and qualifications (C&G 2372 or C&G 2399);
- Experience and training with Ingeteam, Gamesa and Power Electronic PV inverters is highly desirable;
- Experience and training with HV switchgear and systems is highly desirable;
- Health and Safety awareness (e.g. ECS and/or SSSTS) including valid first aid ticket;
- Experience of working remotely without close supervision;
- Spanish speaking applicant is highly desirable;
- Attention to detail and can-do attitude;
- Team player and good communicator;
- Strong technical understanding and ability to explain and resolve faults;
- Enthusiasm for continuing development and learning;
- Clean Driving Licence.
Interested applicants are encouraged to submit a CV and covering letter via this link to the BSR recruitment portal.
Applications close 17.00 hours, Wednesday 25th October 2017