Careers at British Solar Renewables
Though we may not always have open vacancies, the BSR group is keen to hear from talented individuals. If you are interested in working with us then do send a CV and cover letter to email@example.com and we will keep relevant individuals in mind for future opportunities.
Below is a list of roles we currently have available:
Title: Planning Manager
Reports to: Commercial Director
BSR Group is a specialist provider to the low carbon energy industry. We create value through managing the entire process – building, connecting and managing solar and energy storage projects in the UK and internationally to support a smart, low carbon energy grid.
The Head of Planning is responsible for co-ordinating the planning application process for all BSR Group sites. The process includes collation and instruction of surveys, assisting with all aspects of the planning process, discharge of conditions and working alongside senior management to achieve the required outcome for our clients.
We are looking for a self-motivated planner who has experience of progressing and submitting planning applications through to a positive conclusion ideally within the renewables sector. A full understanding of the Environmental Impact Assessments is essential along with excellent project management and communications skills.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Leading all planning applications for the BSR group;
- Obtaining quotes, negotiating fees, instructing and management of consultants within strict budget and timescales;
- Project managing planning applications;
- Maintain a good overall understanding of the sites in planning to brief the Senior Management Team as required;
- Liaising with Local Planning Authorities;
- Instructing the design team with input from consultants and the site surveyor/ project manager to develop the most suitable scheme;
- Identification at an early stage of potential issues and prioritise what specialist consultants should be used, and when;
- Briefing parish and county Councils at committee;
- Co-ordination and attendance of public consultation events;
- Discharge of planning conditions;
- Implement and adapt processes to drive efficiency and accuracy in the wider development of the team.
- Act as an ambassador for the company and build positive awareness of the company’s activities in all dealings with the renewable industry, planning profession, landlord and land owner communications;
- Provide an efficient service to BSR stakeholders;
- Research and develop personal expertise in solar, energy storage and renewable energy planning issues in the UK and European context.
It is important the successful candidate can demonstrate the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Previous senior level planning experience;
- Experience of managing a team of consultants and/or inhouse planners;
- A relevant Royal Town Planning Institute (RTPI) accredited degree;
- Appropriate town planning qualifications or equivalent and eligibility for membership of an appropriate professional body;
- Experience of carrying out stakeholder and public consultation and engagement;
- Self-motivated and able to work to deadlines;
- Flexible, shows initiative and innovation to be responsive to changes and to come up with solutions;
- Strong communication and organisational skills including report-writing for effective liaison with stakeholders;
- Able to work as part of a team and to manage own workload;
- Attention to detail and accuracy.
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience, 25 days annual leave, pension, healthcare, life cover
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset