British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting into the Finance Team Coordinator, the Accounts Administrator role will provide support to the Finance Team, ensuring information is up to date and assist across the department where required. The successful candidate will become a valued, vital member of the team.
For the successful candidate, the working hours for this role can be between 30 and 40 hours per week.
What we need from you:
- Monitoring and responding to accounts emails
- Processing purchase invoices with a high degree of accuracy
- Managing weekly expenses payments ensuring they comply with company policy.
- Reconcile supplier statements.
- Liaising with suppliers for queries/enquiries
- Assisting with supplier payments
- Bank reconciliation including posting of payments and receipts.
- Maintenance of financial ledgers (general ledger and purchase ledger) and accounting processes for all companies
- Providing information where necessary to the Finance Team.
- Assisting with general accounting, housekeeping, keeping records accessible, and accurate
Skills you’ll have:
- Good communication skills both written and verbal.
- Must be able to use initiative.
- Able to work to deadlines.
- High level of accuracy
- Keen eye for detail
- Able to work in a dynamic team environment.
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Experience of using Accounts packages such as SAGE would be beneficial but is not essential as full training will be given.
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Tuesday 27th June at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.