British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Reporting to the Head of Development and representing the interests of the Developer, the Project Coordinator will be responsible for assisting the Head of Development to support the coordination of the Project Manager(s) & Junior Project Manager(s) in the development of large-scale solar PV and energy storage projects.
Working with the Head of Development, the Project Coordinator will assist with the coordination and administration of all aspects of the Development lifecycle.
Drawing on internal and external resources the role will involve working with the Project Management team in the planning and implementation of an agreed list of milestones and deliverables across the project life span from inception through to handover of the project.
What we need from you:
- Ensuring the Health and Safety is at the forefront of all decision making – ‘Everyone Safe Always’, in particular ensuring compliance with BSR’s Health and Safety Policy
- The co-ordination and administration of Development documents to ensure that all required information is correct and available for review on time at the identified milestones
- Analyse the Development portfolio milestones and deliverables to identify project slippage and make corrective action recommendations
- Analyse and report on Key consultant performance across the Development portfolio
- Co-ordinate consultant tenders for new developments
- Manage the preparation and compilation of key common project documents
- Ensure compliance of the Project management team with the BSR Procurement systems
- Organising/ co-ordination of common survey/ quote activities for development contractors
- Collate information from the development team to prepare and issue the Developments Teams monthly reports
- Attending meetings with project stakeholders
- Coordinate communications across the wider development team including Grid, Site Finding and New Energy.
- Recording meeting minutes to distribute to relevant teams.
- Interaction/ co-ordination with the Grid team
- General project co-ordination and administration as required
Skills you’ll have:
- Computer literate with experience of using Microsoft Excel and Word
- Organised approach to work
- Good communication both written and verbal
- High levels of accuracy
- Ability to meet deadlines
- A team player who listens, learns and actively communicates across all levels of the Group.
- Works well under pressure
- Flexibility and willingness to learn
- Administration skills
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Thursday 26th October at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.