Job Title: Operations and Maintenance Manager
Reports to: Managing Director, Australia
Remuneration: Salary + Super + 23 days annual leave
Location: Brisbane Office, Australia
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in Australia, the UK and internationally.
The O&M Manager Role (Australia) will be responsible for managing operational and maintenance programs, subcontractor activities and budgets for solar farms entering the Operations and Maintenance Phase through to completing the Defects Liability Period.
Reporting to the Managing Director of BSR Australia, you will be responsible for the management of your own team, outside contractors and suppliers, as well as key stakeholders including client representatives and the National Service Provider (NSP).
As O&M Manager, you will have ultimate responsibility for your team and contractors site safety, program, budget, contracts and quality of completion of necessary works across the sites.
You will be responsible for:
- Scheduling work to complete planned and responsive maintenance
- Managing defects work efficiently
- Planning the location of team members, contractors, site inductions, site works, and equipment needed for all staff and contractors
- Understanding the cost plans and deadlines required in achieving key project milestones such as Provisional Acceptance Certificate (PAC), Intermediate Acceptance Certificate (IAC) and Final Acceptance Certificate (FAC) will also be critical
- Liaising with the UK O&M, Legal and Procurement teams.
Understanding procedures involved in completing solar projects is essential, including contract responsibilities, project technical specifications and accompanying Technical Advisors during onsite inspections.
Managing key external stakeholders is also fundamental to the role, including park clients, Asset Managers, OEM’s, contractors, landowners and the NSP.
Works and services that may be covered by O&M contracts for the solar farms include:
- Grounds maintenance (mowing, cutting, spraying, weed management, pest management, erosion management and environmental audits)
- Solar module cleaning
- Electrical maintenance utilising electrical contractors
- Infrastructure maintenance
- Comms/SCADA maintenance
- OEM management e.g., MVPS manufacturer service contracts and warranty claim procedures
- Security system and camera maintenance
- Security alarm monitoring and manned security services
- Performance and forecasting monitoring
- Asset management – performance optimisation, report generation and data critiquing
- Client and contractor contract management
- Driving additional service proposals/change orders
- Regular interstate travel.
The successful candidate will be overseeing the day-to-day management and co-ordination of all work tasks taking place across the various site locations. Providing weekly reporting to the Managing Director including accurate reporting of performance against programs, cost plans and contract KPI’s to ensure timely completion within budgets whilst avoiding fiscal contractual penalties is fundamental.
Additionally, the O&M Manager must be a strong leader, team player, pragmatic decision maker and be able to resolve site issues and have exemplary organisational and administrational skills. A strong desire to further expand your skills, qualifications, and knowledge base as the company grows will also be advantageous.
Skills and previous experience in the construction or maintenance of solar plants is essential, as well as a solid background in contract management. Experience in Asset Management or Facilities Management would also be beneficial in meeting the requirements of the role.
The nature of this position will require the successful applicant to have the flexibility for regular travel and overnight stays from the Brisbane Head Office to our various sites and interstate locations. A current Australian driver’s license will be required.
In addition, The O&M Manager will:
- Collaborate with colleagues within the senior management team
- Work closely with and support the commissioning team to help achieve the PAC milestone that triggers the beginning of the O&M phase
- Ensure that progress, issues, systems, and programs are maintained across all sites
- Ensure that workplace health and safety is kept as the highest priority
- Develop a strong and effective workplace health and safety culture with contractors, stakeholders and within the wider team
- Develop O&M systems to support BSR’s Integrated Management System which is certified under ISO 9001, 14001 and 45001
- Foster the BSR culture, encouraging teamwork, togetherness, openness and a love and pride of the projects
- Work with the design, pre-construction, construction, and commissioning teams to ensure that the projects are successful and that milestones are met
- Have a passion for renewables.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Understand the project cost plan, construction program, commissioning program and O&M program
- Understand all aspects of the EPC Contracts as well as the O&M Contracts - this will be key for successful contract execution
- Successfully deliver the O&M contract scope including completion of works leading up to PAC, IAC and FAC
- Plan site works, welfare, logistics and access
- Maintain and monitor works performance against plans and schedules
- Run site co-ordination meetings between contractors, clients and other key stakeholders as required
- Generate reports as per the project contracts and report against program and track performance and any issues
- Work with the wider organisation, especially the engineering and commissioning teams, to manage works and resolve issues
- Overall responsibility for O&M works safety including review and approval of inductions, safety briefings, control of permits, Risk Assessments, SWMS and JSA reviews
- Be able to think laterally when required, using sound judgement and an awareness of priorities to be able to solve and overcome problems to reach company objectives
- Development and management of cost plans
- Management of client and contractor/service contracts
- Management of team members
- Communication with government bodies e.g., NSP’s
- Reporting and report management – creation and review.
- Working on electrical, construction/infrastructure projects or maintenance in a site management or supervision role
- Management or control of Operation and Maintenance activities
- Contact management
- Facilities/Asset management
- Health and Safety management or formal training
- Roles that demonstrate ability to hit tight deadlines.
- Degree qualified or relevant tertiary qualifications
- Project management qualification preferred.
Closing date: Tuesday 21st June 2022
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com