British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
The role involves the management and development of the BSR ArcGIS system to meet the company’s current and future requirements. The candidate should be self-motivated, have good attention to detail and will take personal responsibility for the accuracy of products.
The role will focus on the following key deliverables:
- Maintain and deliver continual improvement of the Site finding ArcGIS facility.
- Develop the ArcGIS system to facilitate the collation of grid status information geographically and in real time so that it can be analysed for future development opportunities.
- Create professional visualisations to supplement public engagement and planning applications for BSRE schemes.
- Optimise methods for the identification of potential new energy schemes i.e., Wind, Hydrogen, etc.
- Identify and evaluate, for senior management approval, the development of the ArcGIS system to support other areas of the company’s business.
What we need from you:
- Predominantly managing ArcGIS and Improving the survey and design process from a GIS perspective
- Develop the system to meet user needs.
- Semi-automation of cartographic workflow
- Support to other projects with GIS as required.
- Train and mentor company personnel on the ArcGIS systems when required.
- Take time to educate and improve yourself and the systems and processes to make our design and survey outputs more efficient.
- Assist in the compilation of handover packs from a GIS perspective.
- Engage with and co-ordinate external support to improve and develop the ArcGIS system.
- Be creative, introduce new ideas and suggestions that will improve what we do.
- Updating of key data/maps into the system as required to support the business needs.
Skills you’ll have:
- Experience with ArcGIS Pro
- Good Reporting and presentation skills
- Aptitude in problem-solving
- Ability to engage with colleagues proactively and professionally to agree commitments and ensure that end users’ needs are satisfied.
- Planning and Time Management skills
- Teamwork skills
- Attention to detail.
What’s in it for you?
Closing date: 1st June at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On occasions where we receive a high number of applications, some vacancies may close earlier than the advertised closing date.