Job title: Financial Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
The Financial Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller and Management Accountant to ensure financial and tax compliance of all BSR Group entities.
This role is a technical role which includes statutory and tax accounting for all group entities and will be exposed to the operational side of the business. The Financial Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller to manage and oversee specific finance functions and to provide support to both internal and external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Documentation and review of tax policies and procedures covering Corporation Tax, VAT, Employment taxes, Customs Duties.
- Co-ordinate UK and international compliance related to all Direct and Indirect taxes including Corporation Tax, VAT, and Employment taxes.
- Prepare transfer pricing documentation and transfer pricing adjustments and work with the Financial Controller to ensure compliance and consistency with the transfer pricing methodology.
- Management of R&D claims and ensuring other reliefs are claimed.
- Preparing the relevant tax disclosures in the annual statutory accounts.
- Working closely with the wider business and tax advisors on projects and transactions.
- Liaising with HMRC on all correspondence.
- Aid the Management Accountant during month-end processes.
- Monthly and year-end balance sheet reviews, to include reconciliations where appropriate.
- Preparation of year-end financial reporting pack for group auditors including statutory account review and preparation, as necessary.
- Liaison with auditors to help manage the group audit process, including statutory account review and preparation, as necessary.
- Manage one direct report.
- Management of the Group tax forecast for long term tax/accounting strategy reviews.
- Assist in developing and managing financial systems, databases, policies, and procedures.
- Corporate finance due diligence liaison with third parties.
- Miscellaneous reporting as required.
- A qualified ACA, ACCA. The ideal candidate will have at least 3 years practice-based experience looking for their first role in industry.
- Intermediate to advanced use of excel.
- Financial reporting experience – producing statutory accounts from TB including disclosures.
- Tax experience – producing VAT returns and corporation tax computations.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines.
- Organised and methodical approach to working
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment.
- International accounting and tax exposure
- Audit exposure
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Wednesday 5th October, 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com