Job Title: Financial Accountant
Reports to: Financial Controller
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
The Financial Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller and Management Accountant to ensure financial compliance of all BSR Group entities.
This role is a technical role which includes statutory accounting for all group entities and will be exposed to the operational side of the business. The Financial Accountant will work closely with the Financial Controller to manage and oversee specific finance functions and to provide support to both internal and external stakeholders.
The company is offering to support the successful candidate in gaining their professional qualification.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Company secretarial duties;
- Oversee administration of VAT, CIS, ONS, corporation tax, and other ad hoc HMRC liaison;
- Assist administration of tax compliance for overseas subsidiaries.
- Provide assistance to the Management Accountant during month-end process.
- Preparation of year-end financial reporting pack for group auditors including statutory account review and preparation as necessary;
- Liaison with auditors to help manage the group audit process, including statutory account review and preparation as necessary;
- Manage one direct report;
- Management of the Group tax forecast for long term tax/accounting strategy reviews;
- Assist in developing and managing financial systems, databases, policies and procedures;
- Corporate finance due diligence liaison with third parties;
- Miscellaneous reporting as required.
- A part-qualified or recently qualified ACA or ACCA. The ideal candidate will have at least 2 years practice-based experience looking for their first role in industry.
- Intermediate to advanced use of excel;
- Financial reporting experience – producing statutory accounts from TB including disclosures;
- Attention to detail;
- Ability to work to tight deadlines;
- Organised and methodical approach to working
- Knowledge of Sage 50;
- Basic experience / knowledge of company secretarial;
- Audit experience
- Construction sector experience
- Self-starter with the ability to operate in a dynamic environment;
- International accounting and tax exposure
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Thursday 12th August
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org