Job Title: Contracts Manager (Australia)
Reports to: Managing Director, Australia
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Brisbane, Australia
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services to the renewable energy industry. Our platform of high quality, experienced teams enable us to create value through managing the entire process – designing, building, connecting and managing solar and energy storage projects in Australia, the UK and internationally to support a smart, low carbon energy grid.
The Contracts Manager is principally an office-based role, though site visits may be required occasionally to go through contract claims with the site team and sub-contractors. Travel, accommodation and expenses will be covered by the company in line with the company travel and expenses policy.
The role will be responsible for the overall contract management and principal controller of project budgets for the Australian team, reporting directly to the Managing Director (Australia). The role is key to supporting both development team for the management of the current EPC projects. and the post construction team with defect liability works.
The role requires strong contract and dispute resolution experience, with a focus on attention to detail and strong communication skills.
The role will also be the principle contact for subcontractors and suppliers within Australia, managing relationships and contract works.
Duties and responsibilities:
The Contracts Manager/Administrator will be responsible for administering and managing construction contracts in relation to:
- Managing subcontractor, supplier and consultant relationships;
- Managing site teams, where required, for contract scope and defect works.
- Managing the closing out of final accounts with subcontractors
- Managing the onboarding of new suppliers, consultants and sub-contractors;
- Leads the administration of project budget and cost plan;
- Cost reporting on weekly project budget status to UK finance team;
- Issuing instructions such as variations and considering claims;
- Processing payment claims from construction/supplier partners;
- Issuing of payment certificates to sub-contractors, suppliers and consultants;
- Issuing certificates of practical completion and interim certificates;
- Manage Contract close out of subcontractors, suppliers and Consultants;
- Responsible for the negotiation of final accounts with sub-contractors;
- Raising purchase orders and cross checking them against invoices;
- Ensuring invoice registers are maintained and updated;
- Liaise with the procurement team to ensure efficient and processes implemented in line with IMS management systems
- The ability to provide commercial support combined with proven administration experience within a large project team;
- Administering change control procedures to reduce any impact on time, cost or quality of the project;
- Assisting the document control team in collation of final project documentation as per the contract requirements.
- Working with the team to resolve any disputes.
- Experience in contract management preferably on solar projects;
- Experience with contract dispute resolution
- Project management skills;
- Ability to lead others and manage other members of the team;
- Willingness to provide mentorship to junior members of the team
- Minimum five years’ experience in a similar role within the construction industry;
- Strong attention to detail and ability to interpret construction documentation;
- Proven ability to manage subcontractors, suppliers and consultants;
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills, and the ability to build relationships with contractors and clients;
- Ability to work autonomously as well as part of a team;
- Strong management skills;
- Ample initiative and strong problem-solving skills;
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills;
- Strong computer literacy with proficiency in the full Microsoft suite;
- Full driving licence.
- Process Management
- Strategic Agility
- Tertiary qualifications relevant to building construction
- Project Management qualifications
Closing date: Monday 8th November
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org