Job Title: Contracts Manager
Reports to: Construction Director
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
The Contracts Manager will be responsible for total management of multiple projects. Working with the construction team, the Contracts Manager will be responsible for ensuring that all members of their team fulfil the requirements, plan and complete works on budget, programme and complete all Quality Assurance and Health and Safety requirements.
The successful candidate must be self-motivated, pro-active and conscientious and used to working in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to tight dead-lines as the project completion date is not negotiable.
The nature of this role requires flexibility for extensive travel from the office at Shepton Mallet to our various sites and locations, with a requirement to occasionally stay away from home. A current British driving licence will be required.
- Establish and manage programme and construction plans;
- Establish and coordinate project budgets, cost plan and construction quantities, with the QS;
- Identify, engage and negotiate with suppliers and sub-contractors;
- Negotiate and establish contracts for delivery of services, as required to execute the construction works to meet program and budget;
- Maintain and monitor robust cost control and programme;
- Attend regular general site and specific works package/ contractor meetings and to control works;
- Manage variations and change across all works packages with the QS team;
- See all aspects of project budget programme and quality/H&S through to completion of works and closure of all work packages;
- Applicants must have previous work experience as a Contracts Manager with either a main or sub-contractor;
- Experience on electrical projects would be an advantage and the use of Microsoft Project, would be desirable but not essential;
- Previous experience of managing large construction/infrastructure projects;
- HND or degree qualification in construction, or similar equal experience;
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office suite.
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Monday 18th October, 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to email@example.com