Site GIS Analyst
British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
- 1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
- 2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
- 3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing!
What you will be doing in this role:
Working closely with the Commercial Development team, search for new large scale solar farm, battery, hydrogen & onshore wind opportunities within the UK.
Reporting into the Senior Site Acquisition Manager, the main function of this role is to input data for the team’s GIS system, using their knowledge of renewable energy development and information from several sources including planning, grid, construction etc. The role will identify potential land opportunities for the project development team to follow up with a site visit.
This role would be well suited to a recent graduate who is looking to start there career in the renewables sector.
What we need from you:
- Inputting data into GIS system
- Processing land title and ownership details
- Identifying potential land for development
- Answering landowner contact via phone and email.
- Attending site visits to assist with the identification of potential land opportunities.
Skills you’ll have:
- Understanding of solar farm/ battery development
- Degree in a relevant discipline e.g., renewable energy, engineering, data analytics, planning
- Competent computer user – ideally experienced in using GIS or mapping tools.
- Enthusiasm for finding new opportunities.
- Experience in data analysis/inputting
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
- Confident communicating with all stakeholders via phone and email
What’s in it for you?
- Monthly social events
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Weekly yoga sessions
- Family friendly parental leave
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Annual bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Annual reimbursement for one professional membership
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays and the option to rollover up to 5 days
- Private healthcare
- Life insurance
- Free office parking
Closing date: Friday 30th June at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.