Job Title: EPC Electrical Engineer
Reports to: Senior Electrical Engineer
Remuneration: Salary dependent on experience
Location: Shepton Mallet, Somerset
About BSR Group:
British Solar Renewables (BSR) is a leading renewable energy developer and provider of expert services into the renewable energy industry. Our mission is to create the smart energy systems we need for a low-carbon future. We design, plan, construct, connect and manage utility-scale solar and energy storage projects for developers and investors in the UK and internationally.
We are looking for a talented Electrical Engineer to undertake design and review of Solar PV plants and integration of Energy Storage Systems (ESS), including generation auxiliary and control circuits, switchgear and protection arrangements.
BSR group is an IET Enterprise Partner and provides additional support for a structured development programme leading to chartered engineer status for suitable candidates.
- Electrical systems specification, design, documentation and review in accordance with relevant ISO / IEC / BS standards, including IET PV CoP, BS7671 18th Edition etc;
- Authorising, reviewing and amending LV SLDs and schematics;
- Electrical protection scheme design and review;
- Appointing consultants and assessing grid compliance and earthing reports;
- LV electrical equipment review, specification, selection and design (including UPS, cable, meter, CT, switchgear, filter, transformer, inverter etc);
- Liaison with electrical equipment manufacturers, technical advisors and consultants;
- Cable sizing and optimisation calculations according to installation conditions; issuing of LV and DC cable schedules for procurement and/or installation requirements;
- Earthing system design and review;
- LPS design review;
- BESS – supplier proposal reviews: inverter and cell technology, sizing and optimisation calculations;
- Issuing of commissioning and operational instructions documentation eg. shutdown procedures; briefing notes for owners and technical advisors;
- Interpretation of relevant ISO / IEC / BS standards and documentation of applicability to EPC designs eg. Transformer Oil bunding requirements, E-Stop designs etc;
- Engineering calculations and operational data analysis eg. plant performance, performance ratio analysis, operational losses etc.;
- Technical advisor reports: review, assessment and issuing of responses;
- Site survey, construction inspection and As-Built document checks;
- Minimum five years professional Solar PV system design experience at commercial or utility scale;
- Demonstrable knowledge of inverter specification, array sizing, yield optimisation, module selection and component assessments;
- Proficient in electrical systems design, including electrical power circuits, SCADA, communications systems and other equipment;
- Understanding of P28, G59/G99 and similar ENA recommendations and design/implementation of solutions to meet these requirements;
- Familiarity with Amtech, Cableizer or similar electrical design packages to assist with cable sizing and/or protection, discrimination and optimisation;
- Experienced user of the following software:
- MSOffice (particularly Excel for data analytics), Outlook, SharePoint
- A valid driver’s licence is required to enable the applicant to drive in the UK.
- Undergraduate degree in STEM subject; ideally Electrical Engineering, or
- Equivalent professional experience and/or certifications
- Membership of professional body looked upon favourably
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary;
- Employee Assistance Programme;
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
Closing date: Friday 22nd October, 12pm
To apply: Please send your cover letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org