CAD Design Engineer
British Solar Renewables (BSR) develops, designs, constructs and manages utility scale solar and energy storage projects across the UK and internationally. Our goal is to create the smart energy systems we need for a net zero carbon future.
A few of the highlights of joining BSR:
1) Welcoming, friendly and fun workplace, including team volunteering events, Christmas and Summer parties, monthly contact days and social events.
2) Our hybrid working policy means you can choose which two days of the week you come into the office, offering you flexibility and a better work-life balance.
3) We offer private healthcare through AXA and access to 24-hour advice through our Employee Assistance Programme which is designed to help you with all of life’s questions, issues, or concerns.
Where are we?
BSR’s head office is based in Shepton Mallet, Somerset. Located in the beautiful Somerset countryside, we are in the perfect location for those who enjoy scenic views and welcoming communities! We are local to Wells Cathedral, a popular attraction for locals and tourists, as well as Glastonbury Tor, a spectacular viewing point overlooking Somerset. We are in easy reach of Bath (18 miles), Bristol (20 miles) and Yeovil (19 miles), giving you a variety of restaurants, activities, and shopping! We are also five miles from Glastonbury Festival, if that’s your thing.
What you will be doing in this role:
At BSR we provide EPC services delivering complete turnkey packages or bespoke combination packages of design, procurement and construction as required.
Under the supervision of the Director of Design and Engineering, the CAD Design Engineer works alongside various departments within the BSR and throughout all project stages to produce and amend designs and drawings.
Spatial design of large-scale ground mount solar PV projects, battery energy storage projects and associated ancillary equipment, producing reports and information throughout the project lifecycle.
What we need from you:
- Draft and issue layouts in cooperation with internal and external planning professionals to achieve designs that will satisfy local authorities whilst considering commercial considerations.
- Working with project managers to produce detailed design packs for technical due diligence that meet the requirements of clients, technical advisors and investors.
- Working with internal and external legal professionals to produce plans for lease agreements, cable easements/wayleaves, rights of access and grazing licences.
- Providing construction teams and external contractors with construction drawings and setting out information. Brief setting out engineers and provides support to site teams during project construction.
- Performs calculations and assessments of PV plant operation including, (but not limited to) PVSyst calculations, yield assessments and plant modelling.
- Authoring of BSR Group CAD drawings.
- Producing & analysing PV layouts designs to achieve the best performance.
- Issue As-Built drawings in conjunction with relevant parties within the company and/or external agencies.
- Organisation and maintenance of CAD files within BSR’s filing systems, ensuring drawings are up to date and issued according to the BSR Quality Management System.
- Documentation of cable lengths for electrical design and cable schedules.
- Site visits, (pre/during/post construction) and integration of feedback and As-Built survey information into final documentation and subsequent designs.
- Providing input into project value engineering and wider commercial design efforts.
- Continual process and procedure review and improvement within the Design department.
Skills you’ll have:
- Background in Computer Aided Design (AutoCAD) - at least two years.
- Good at problem solving.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Proven experience in the coordination of multiple projects.
- Excellent organisation, efficiency and thoroughness with all work undertaken.
- Versatile and forward thinking.
- Has an interest in renewable energy.
- Science, Maths and English GCSE’s or equivalent
- Engineering, Graphics or any relevant CAD qualification.
- PV system layout and design experience, however training will be provided for shortlisted candidates with relevant transferable skills or experience.
What’s in it for you?
- 25 days holiday per year plus bank holidays.
- Competitive salary
- Auto Enrolment Pension – the Company will contribute 4%.
- Private Healthcare
- Life cover four times salary.
- Employee Assistance Programme.
- BSR will pay for one professional membership per year.
- Bonus scheme
- Long service recognition scheme
- Hybrid working arrangement
- Free office parking
- Social events
Closing date: 21st April 2023 at 12 noon
If this role sounds right for you, we would love to receive your application! Please send a CV and cover letter to: email@example.com
BSR is an equal opportunities employer, we are excited about employing and developing the best talent. Hiring decisions are based on experience, skills and qualifications relating to the role/roles applied for. If you need any reasonable adjustments made to perform at your best during the interview process, please contact the email address above.
On the occasions where we have a high number of applicants, some roles may close earlier than the advertised end date.